Saturday, October 10, 2009

It's starting to look a lot like....

Winter!!!

Arrrghhhhh!!

I'm praying that this is will be just a couple of days of the nasty weather stuff and then will return to fall weather so we can appreciate it. That's what I'm praying for. That, and that it will be a LONG Autumn followed by a short Winter, a damp spring (notice I said "damp" and not "Wet") and then another mild summer like we had this year. That's my Prayer and I'm sticking with it til God tells me otherwise. I sure hope He doesn't.

Having said all the above, I will say Yesterday was Gorgeous. The peak of Fall colors. Yellows bright enough to be electric. Oranges as warm as a hug. Reds that strive to prove that there indeed is over a hundred shades of that color; and trees that proudly try to have as many shades on one tree as possible.

The Temp would have been warm, with a clear sunny sky kept company by small white fluffy clouds, but the wind had a small bite to it. By late afternoon it was cold.

This morning, was the definitive of "crisp". I had a truckload of wet cardboard in the back of my truck that needed to be put on the "burn pile", so I could use the truck to haul the weekly trash away to the dump. Sam, our black lab was very happy to help. You could almost see his excitement at the day and the weather. The wind was bringing him all kinds of new smells. His face was the eyes-glazed-over-head-bobbing-with-interest over whatever information was on the wind; kind of like my kids when they're watching T.V.


Poor me. I would have enjoyed it more like Sam except I know what he doesn't: Snow is expected today. Less than an inch accumulation expected but the warning is implied: Wisconsin's Winter approaches. Yuck.

Both Deanna and I have cousins that live in Alaska. That happy reminder tells me it could be worse except we both have relatives in Florida who quite happily remind us it doesn't have to be this bad...Nice to have relatives isn't it? ;-)

I now leave you with this old tired joke that I used on Facebook with some of my Southern friends and family:

Wisconsin actually has four seasons while Florida only has three: "Green", "Brown" and "Spring Break!"


Wisconsin has "Almost Winter", "Winter", "Winters almost over" and "road construction".

May the Lord Bless You with the sense and senses to appreciate the wonders of His Creation.

Will.

No comments: