Saturday, January 16, 2010

From Will.

.It's been too long between posts. I'm Sorry. With our Facebook pages, most of what goes on around here winds up there but that's no excuse. To use the vernacular: My Bad.

There really hasn't been much going on around here just the usual post-holiday back to normal routine. The decorations are down but not completely put away. Maybe we'll get to it before the spring cleaning starts...maybe not.

As I posted earlier I let Jacob put the lights on the tree and other than some words of advice I gave him free rein. Well that meant he got to take the lights off the tree; lesson learned, Don't wrap the lights candy-cane style around the tree. I had explained a better way that would make it easier to remove the lights later but he took the opportunity to do it his way. Now he discovered how much more difficult it can be to take them off. Until. Until I gave him a chance to have a little fun.

The tree was in our sun porch with our newly stained cement floor. If we had any other kind of floor I probably wouldn't have let him do this but, He was willingly helping so I told him he could....
You see, Jacob likes swords. He has collected four or five metal ones and couple wooden ones. You see where I'm going with this right? I have tree pruners but instead I gave him permission to use his swords to hack the branches off one at a time with the admonition not to hack up my lights. By the time he was done there was this intense pine-fresh cent permeating our sun porch. Hacked boughs stacked neatly on table and floor and one lone, long stick poking up out of my tree stand (that still had 40 pounds of weights holding it down). He managed to avoid blister but I believe the wrapping on one of his "nin-gata" (ninja-style) hilts looked a little worse for wear. He was quite proud of himself and his accomplishment. I was too. I mean how cool is it to have a sword and a (reasonably) legitimate reason to use it? If you don't understand, odds are against you being a guy...

Well, hopefully that will hold you over til our next post, which hopefully won't take as long at the last one!

May the Lord Bless You and Keep You and Give You Peace!
Will

No comments: