Saturday, March 12, 2011

Memories of Oregon

Listening to the story of Japan has been heart wrenching. I cannot imagine what they are going through, but the Tsunami brings other thoughts and sadness to my mind.
It was just 11 months ago that Will and I took a wonderful beautiful trip to Oregon and the Northern most tip of California to pick up my mail jeep. The city where we spent the night is now changed forever. We gloried in sitting on our own private balcony right on the ocean watching the sun as it set. Now we wonder if it is still there. The hotel was right on the beach and in a very low area and supposedly that area received major damage. The port that we watched boats go in and out of has been completely destroyed.
We ate breakfast in Crescent City CA and drove around it just looking. I guess it received major damage also. Many of the towns we drove through on Highway 101 are dealing with water issues.
At one point Will and I stopped and took pictures. They are now showing pictures of the Tsunami waves hitting it. When we were there, we were way above the water. Now the water in the photos is cresting the scenic lookout area.
It's made me think of the times we spent there. I wish I could go back and see more. If Will said let's go, I'd be in the car in 10 minutes. It goes to show you how quickly things can change and how we should take advantage of every minute and not waste one. What a terrible thing to look back at my life and see the "regrets".
God has brought a change in me lately. It was emphasized on my conference trip. I am bogged down in "stuff". I have entirely too much stuff. I am so ready to get down to the basics of living. I have been trying to streamline things around here, but now I find that I am going to go much deeper. If I don't have it laying around, then I don't have to clean it. If it's important enough to keep then I'll keep it, but things are gonna change. They have to. Get ready for the garage sale of the year...coming here this spring. I'm chucking it all. I'm sick of cleaning. I'm sick of housework. I want to live. I want to travel...I want to see all that God has created and enjoy it and marvel in it's splendor. I don't think I'll do that dusting thingys that permanently live on shelves or in rubbermaid storage containers. It's all gonna go!!!!!!

No comments: