Wednesday, November 16, 2005

well.....it happened

Our wonderful fall turned to winter.....overnight......I don't think that I like this...
Late last week our weather was in the 60's and sunny. Last night it turned into a full blown snow storm and this morning, 30-40 mph winds are whipping the snow around like little tornados. I would rather go back to the 60's but I don't think I have any choice. I had to make a quick trip to a town about 25 miles away yesterday afternoon. It was raining. No problem, I drive in rain for a living. The storm was not supposed to hit until 7 pm. Well at 5:30 on our way back....it started to snow. Not just a little snow shower. This was a power snow storm. Flakes almost 1 inch in diameter. While you are driving into the storm it makes you feel like you are in Star Wars going into hyper space. It is so hard to drive in that. The kids of course thought it was great and wanted me to go faster. I just wanted to get off the ride. I was so sick from motion sickness by the time I got home that cooking was a chore for me and that almost never happens. When it snows like that it feels like you are not moving, just the snow is. Too weird!
I was surprised this morning when they did not call me into the office. I expected one of the regulars to decide that today was not a good day to work. Since I will be starting my own route hopefully on the 10th of December, the regular carriers are taking as many days off as they can get away with, because they have not found anyone to replace me yet. Who knows how they will work days off then! All I know is that I will get home before lunch time everyday and I will have a set schedule.
Spring/winter cleaning today again. Will is home with a cold so I will go easy on him and let him just vegitate in the chair. My Mom and Dad (the chickens) left before the snow to go and see my brother in Tennessee. I hope they have a great time while they are there. Actually, I wish I was with them. Will and I would love to be able to go down there at least once or twice a year. It has just not worked out so far.
Well, off to go and sort more stuff. I don't think that Goodwill is going to know what hit them after I take all this junk (oops! I mean these treasures) down there. I don't know where we get some of it or even why we get some of it. I just have to sort every year and clean out and haul it out of here.
Hope you have a blessed day.

No comments: