Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Ever heard of Green Lake?

While Will was working on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, the kids and I went to Green Lake WI camping. Well, we were in a cabin, but it was primitive compared to a house.....I guess. We had everything that we needed including bathroom (with shower), kitchen with oven, toaster, sink and frig and beds. The ceiling fan was nice too. The campground supplied linens, towels and dishes. All we had to do was show up with our clothes and food. I did bring my pillow though. I don't know about you, but I have to have my own pillow.
We had a wonderful and blessed time. I will have Will post pictures to the blog when he gets a chance. The kids swam for over 3 hours everyday. They rode bikes almost all day. We had smores and a campfire each night and went to bed exhausted each night too! What a joy!
We really, really had a good time this year. My three Aunts (Dad's sisters) and some of the daughters and daughters in-law were there. There were I think 26 of us. My Mom and my Aunt Carrie each came for one night each. We all enjoyed it.
The campground is called the Green Lake Conference Center. It is run by the American Baptists but anyone can camp there. Green Lake I understand is the deepest lake in Wisconsin. Seen from a distance it has that same green color as the ocean does over by St. George Island and Carrabelle. I and the kids have gone for 8 or 9 years now and the others have gone for 25 or more each. We sit around and read, play cards and board games, talk and eat. What a life!
Poor Will had to work. He wanted to come too and sit around fishing. He loves it. I hope to be able to go over for a longer period of time next year so that he can come too (at least part of the time).
Went to the Dr's office with Jacob today. He is fine, but had to have one of those physicals to prove that he is well enough to play golf. I told the Dr. that Jake had been hitting things with sticks since he was little it never has seemed to bother him before. Never knew he needed a physical to do it. Oh well, he's fine. New prescription for his allergies. Hopefully will work better. He has a deviated (sp?) septum (crooked inside of his nose). Causes him lots of problems, but they did not want to work on it until he got older. They were afraid that as he grew it would shift again and cause more problems. He is supposed to check on it when he is 13. We are planning on this spring. It depends on how school is doing whether he gets it fixed during school or waits until summer.
We (the kids and I) went and bought some golf clubs and supplies today. What a laugh. I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to that. I just look stupid until someone takes pity on me. I am leaving the rest to Will this weekend.
Well, need to finish cleaning up unpacking mess etc. I went to work right away Monday, dentist yesterday with Jacob and then errands. Now I need to get it together before work tomorrow. Will is gone tonight for his monthly program at the VA and the kids have Bible study. I will be glad to have a moment to myself to clean and breath quiet air for a while.
Cranfest in 36 days and things are getting to crunch time. I CANNOT WAIT! Will thinks I'm crazy, but he loves me so he puts up with it.
Have a blessed day!!

No comments: