Wednesday, August 10, 2005

It's Wednesday!

Well its Wednesday, I have the day off today so naturally they called Deanna in to work. Sigh. It’s hot again and the bigger of our two window air conditioners died. We truly mourn its passing. I still have it in the window with its fan on high. That much still works, so I might as well use it. I used to have four box fans, the last one of those died a little over a week ago. We’re down to one small air conditioner, a pedestal fan and three or four small personal fans. Can anyone say “Hello Wal-Mart!”? We have a water sprinkler on the roof and that does make a big difference in the indoor temp in the house. One of the nice treats from getting your water from a well, the water’s cold and if you use it to water your lawn (or house) it all runs right back into the ground and eventually back into your well and the only cost is the electricity. Nice huh? (For those who might be worried about contamination: it’s a little better than 26 ft down before you hit water here; reportedly, you only need 25ft of earth to filter water clean. When you add in lateral distances we are way over what is needed and we do periodically test it). We have been getting some rain and we are grateful for that! We have been so spoiled the last couple of years; the weather has been so nice I haven’t used the air conditioners for over two years, and we only used them sparingly before that! Of course, the thing to remember is: while its not as nice as it has been, there is no doubt it could be a lot worse!

The kids will spend the majority of their day getting their rooms cleaned and getting packed. The big annual camping trip is this weekend. The women from Deanna’s family grab the kids and leave the husbands behind. I don’t mind too much, I have to work this weekend anyway. Though I will have to make my own lunch – the horror! And sleeping in this big ol’ house alone at night is seriously uncomfortable too. Yes, I do know just how spoiled I am, and if I didn’t, these weekends would sure remind me. If I’m codependent and Deanna is my enabler, then why would you ever want to be cured of it?? This stuff is great! We’ve been married fifteen years now and bragging about what a fantastic wife I have is still one of my favorite pastimes. The Lord sure knew what he was doing when He gave her to me. The only thing I haven’t figured out yet is what horrible thing she must have done to deserve me…(it’s a JOKE people!)

I was up late last night working on this computer. Its past its 2-year expiration date and it wants to be put out to pasture. I’ve picked up so many strange programs that they have all started to argue; kind of like my kids do after a really, really, long day. You know, when there doesn’t seem to be any reason for the fighting but they do it anyway? Deanna spent a good portion of her day dealing with it and then I came home from work and took over. Again, it kind of sounds like our kids sometimes; I can just see Deanna standing over the computer screen saying: “You Just Wait Till Your Father Gets Home!!” Can’t you?

Actually though, she did a pretty good job cleaning up the mess. I think she might have even impressed herself a little.

My anti-Virus program has been getting cranky. It would appear that it doesn’t like my Roxio cd creator program and it is throwing a tantrum. Of course this then makes my email program behave snotty. Well then my web browser has to put its two cents in causing my anti-Spam program to get defensive resulting in a general melee. Dea and I basically went in and started hacking everything off at the knees. You could call it a good general cleaning. I ran some of my basic clean up programs, reloaded some, and updated others. We’ll see how it works. If you don’t hear from us for a couple of weeks it just means that either the computer died or I at least had to wipe the hard drive clean and start over from scratch. So many of my programs I have to download from the inter-net that it takes days to get it all. Sigh.

Well I have such a large list of things to do today I better get busy making up excuses for not doing them!

Numbers 6:24

Will

No comments: