Tuesday, November 01, 2005

One of the reasons that we live in Wisconsin

Will posted some new pictures and wanted me to tell you that this is one of the reasons we live here. Most of these pictures were taken on my main mail route or very near it. Sometimes I have to just stop and look for a minute and be amazed at God. The leaves have changed since the pictures were taken. The oak trees are now turning their rusts, reds and browns. The aspen and popler trees have turned bright, bright yellow. There are so many colors that everytime you go around the corner there is another beautiful picture. It is hard to keep your mind on the mail.
Last night was trick or treating for our kids. They brought their friends Kevin and Layemar. I ended up making costumes for all of them. Not my best work, but they were happy. Jacob was Darth Vader complete with a talking, breathing full head mask. Jessa was a fairy and even had wings. Getting the wings to stay up on her back was fun. Layemar was Zorro and Kevin was a Knight and carried a battle axe that Will picked up somewhere. They had a great time and came home with tons of candy. Of course Mom was terrible and made them go to bed without sitting down and eating it all. I'm sure that they think the only reason we had kids was to be mean to them. My Aunt Carrie came trick or treating. She was dressed all in pink with a shoe on her head. She was the chewing gum under a shoe. Even funnier if you remember that she used to work in a chewing gum factory.
Mom and Dad had their first halloween living in Warrens instead of the country. I think that the trick or treaters about wore my Mom out. She was at the door quite often all night.
Things are busy here with one of our regular carriers retiring yesterday. That moves me up on the roster to the top seniority position. I get the next route. They have the case up for it. They are just working out the particulars. The only problem is I'm the only sub that knows all of the 7 routes. I AM the only one that knows 2 of them. They cannot find any other people to replace me with. Makes for lots of hours for me, but causes problems for them if both of those routes try to take the same day off.
Our church family Thanksgiving dinner is this Saturday. I will need to organize that today. Then on family night the first Saturday in December, it is Christmas Caroling with the community. I am looking forward to the holidays but am not ready for them this year. Of course, I don't know that I ever am. I have my menu for Christmas Eve planned pretty much. That helps.
Well, today is catch up day here at home, if I don't get called to work. I am going to attempt to clean the kid's rooms and move some furniture. Jacob is the ultimate collector and I have to go in a muck out his room once a month. You never know what you will find.
Have a blessed day.

No comments: