Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I "Pic'd" again ah uh ah ah, oh yes, I "pic'd" again ah uh ah...(Sung to Phil Collins' "I missed again")

(Sorry about the title...it's an eighties thing)

We're still tryin' to get ready for the weekend and it looks like we're not going to get done what we wanted so we will just throw ourselves on our families mercy and hope for the best. I hurt my back pretty bad this last Saturday. It is a lot better but remains a dull ache in my lower back. It's one of those "bone" pains as opposed to muscle. It hasn't helped my productivity around here one bit. Your prayers are appreciated. Not just for me either but for all the family and families that are gathering around for the next couple of weeks. We have been playing the part of the woman with the Judge and making our requests every day.
We were working in the back yard today. The weather was just what I pray we will have for the next 3 weeks. A little rain in the morning, a cool midday and a sunny afternoon. We were getting pretty wore out by the end of the day so the whole family took a "play break".
We let Sam out of his kennel while Jacob brought out his Golf clubs to the freshly mowed lawn. The idea was that Jacob and Jessalyn would hit a tennis ball with his clubs to give them the practice (Jacob plays in tournaments with school) and give Sam a little fun too.
While they were doing that Deanna and I made some more preparations to the camper my Mom and Dad sleep in when they visit. That seemed to set off some kind of trigger in one of our cats.
Gidget is her name but we call her "Pete's" It's short for "Stinky Pete" because when we got her...uh...She had this..um..Stomach problem that we have since taken care of, but the name has stuck. Anyway, she is usually not that sociable...Until my mom arrives that is. Pete's saw us messing with the trailer and came right over to check and see if anyone was home.
You see, Pete's and Mom have an appointment for a "pet session" set for every morning Mom is here. Evidently and judging from the cats attitude, when she saw mom was indeed not here yet, she thinks Mom is late!
Hope you enjoy the pics!
Will

No comments: