Sunday, March 25, 2007

The "Deanna cure for being sick"...

The cure that works for me every time.......drum roll please..WORK! Well actually, not just any work. Work outside in 50-60 degree SUNNY weather. When I'm outside in the fresh air and breeze, listening to the birds sing...I'm great (well as great as I can be with a killer cold/flu/ cough). I come in the house or go into any building and instantly I feel like road kill again. It has always been this way with me. I can be sick as a dog and go outside and sit and feel at least 50% better. If I am able to work in the yard or garden while I'm sick I'm suddenly 75% better. Let me get out and rake in the spring and I'm ready to take on the world! I don't know why, but it works for me and I'm not going to complain. During this week's illness, I have managed to rake most of the immediate yard and started getting ready for planting etc. I felt wonderful doing it though. Go figure.
Now both kids are home from church with something this morning. I'm going in as soon as the rhubarb cake and upside down pineapple cake in the oven are done. I'll take them in to fellowship after church. I hope they get done soon. Oh yeah, Jake either has what I had or pink eye. Either way he is one miserable kid and Jessalyn is not far behind him.
I went on a shopping spree at Amazon.com the other day.....you can really tell my age by what I bought. Indiana Jones trilogy box set, original Star Wars trilogy box set, Lord of the Rings trilogy (theatre and extended version) box set, Don Knotts 4 pack including my favorite "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken" and a great Doris Day, James Garner movie "Move over Darling". Aside from the Lord of the Rings all of them are OLD movies. What a hoot.
As far as spring...here is your update. The Canadian Geese, Red-wingedBlackbirds, Sandhill cranes, Whooping cranes and Robins are all back. Tonight I'm going to start listening for frogs. The grass is starting to turn green and our usual spring severe storms are here. LIFE IS GOOD!!! The rains came and everything is now cleaner without the layer of scum. The pussywillows are out and everywhere you turn you can see little signs that things are coming back to life. I even saw three eagles the other day. For those of you that don't know "eagles" are my thing. I love those majestic birds and we are blessed to have many pairs around here every year. The only thing I am not enjoying about spring is that this is the time of year that farmers like to spread liquid manure over their fields before they plow. Yep, it's as nasty smelling as you imagine. Hopefully they plow soon.
I'll try to get you some pictures of my favorite parts of spring, but I'm still raking. YAHOO!
Have a blessed day.
dea

2 comments:

Will H. Donaldson Family said...

The frogs are singing now too! Will and I were able to spend our "spring sky watching evening on Sunday night". what a beautiful, beautiful night.

Rebekah said...

I loooves the ghost and mr chicken. and amazon.com is sooo dangerous for me. I get on to get "1" thing and end up with a much larger order :)