Thursday, March 08, 2007

Exhausted but exhilerated !!

I came home from my conference yesterday late morning. I had a great time! What a busy 3 days. I was up at 5:00 am, way before anyone else in my room and the adjoining room. I got ready and snuck out of the room to the concierge lounge on our floor for coffee and reading. I had some very interesting conversations with some very important people in our area. The first day I chatted with one of the lead people in the Oneida Nation (one of our Native American tribes). The second day it was with a leader in the Potawatamee Nation (another large tribe in the area). The third morning I ate with the Deputy Secretary of Tourism. We talked for a long time. She's pretty neat. What a wierd thing if you think about it.....me chatting about ideas with the second most powerful person in Wisconsin Tourism.
Did lots of great things, saw lots of spectacular things and ate great food. An exciting three days, but now I'm back to the real world. Laundry, dishes, cat litter, paperwork and cooking. What a life! I'm still exhausted, but I will get things caught up eventually......maybe 2009.
Now I have to touch base with all of the people I met via email and start cementing some of these new working relationships that I started.
After all, we are only 6 months away from Cranfest!
Have a great day!
dea

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's great that you made all those very important contacts. Don't forget, You are a "Kings Kid", a VERY important person.