Saturday, November 17, 2007

An interesting story I just thought about

I was just thinking about all of the stupid stuff that happens to me. It got me thinking about the future. If it is this bad now, what will it be like in the future? A scary thought for me in some respects. What if it gets worse?!! That started me thinking about something that happened years and years ago......

My Gram and I were very close and did lots of stuff together (including live together). We liked to go to gospel sings. It was our tradition to get there early and go to supper, before going into the auditorium early so that we could get the good seats. In Thomasville, we always ate at this little restaurant around the corner. It was a little family place and since it was so far from Tally we never saw anyone that we knew.

My Gram was a shy woman, pretty reserved with strangers. She had lots of kids and grandkids and I don't think there is a shy one in the bunch, so she just kind of sat back and watched until she had to step in and fix our messes. So imagine my surprise one night when we walked into the restaurant and Gram walked quickly over to a woman that was seated with her back to us. She leaned down whispered into the woman's ear and gave her a big hug! A total stranger! I couldn't figure out what she was doing. The woman started laughing and told Gram thank you, thank you, thank you.

Ok, now I'm confused. My Grandmother has just hugged a stranger, whispered in her ear and then was thanked for it. Gram walked over to the table that I was now seated at and smiled, picked up her menu and started to read it, while I sat there like a fish with my mouth open. She wasn't going to say a word about it! Of course I had to ask.

The explanation was......As we walked in the woman pulled her sweater up over her shoulders. Gram noticed something on her sweater. She walked over and hugged the woman to get the foreign object off the sweater and handed it to the woman and came back to the table. What was the foreign object, you ask?

A great big pair of pink Nylon "Gramma underpants". Evidently the woman had grabbed her sweater out of the dryer as she went to the car and had just now put on the sweater. The nylon panties must have stuck to the back with static cling. There they were stretched out along the back of her sweater like a decal.

Great save Gram! But now we are back to the crux of my dilemma.......

Is this type of thing what I am headed for in my future? Some day am I going to be the woman with the pantie decal? Just look what happened last week and that was kind of calm.

Remember I'm the woman that got her toe stuck in an escalator. This does not bode well for my future. What does this mean for my hubby's future? Poor man, he's going to be married to all of the "golden girls" rolled into one.

Well, at least it won't be boring.
Back to my sorting.
Have a great day!
dea

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are the most "unboring" person I know. Your life is an adventure.