Wednesday, January 30, 2008

What a way to start a day!

Monday was 46 degrees and sunny. Tuesday was -34 wind chill and snowing with 44 mph winds. They closed down school at noon and we all hunkered down (that is after I came home from the mail route). Last night was blizzard all night long. Only a couple of inches of snow but winds up to almost 50 mph. Good grief, what a mess.

They said that our schools were going to be on a "2 hour delay". I waited and woke up Jake right as they said, we've decided to just close school today. Of course Jake was awake then and he couldn't go back to sleep. Besides it's hard to sleep with a dog and two cats staring at you hoping you will get out of bed and play with them. Actually Pete's was just sleeping with him and wanted him to pet her while she slept. Jake got up and then here comes Jessa a little later. They both love it that there is no school. Boy do I remember those days.

I do some paper work and mess around here at the house, and then I go out to start my car so that it can warm upbefore I leave for work. I'm really looking forward to going to work in this junk. Well, my car said "You want me to what?" and refused to start. My wonderful faithful, loyal car... Laughed at me! I'm not starting.... no way.... no how. You can walk. Great. Now what to do? Our extra cars are either buried in the snow (about 2 feet) or having an issue. Mom and Dad's Tracker is here, but the ignition switch seems to be having problems. It's been too cold to deal with it. It's not like you can drive it to the mechanic when it won't start.

I'm now stranded at home......sigh. I call work. Thankfully Heidi can cover for me. So now there's no work for me today......AWE Darn! Now I know what the kids felt like when they found out they don't have school. Yipeeeeeeeee! My first day off in months that I don't have to go anywhere and couldn't if I wanted to.

Time to light the fireplace, do housework and paper work and in general get caught up on my life. What a concept. Organization!!!!!

Who am I kidding? I'll give it a shot, but I know for a fact that I would have to play hooky for at least a week with no interruptions, working 20 hours a day to get caught up. In fact, I can tell you that the last time that I was actually organized (the whole house) and caught up was October 1996. I was on maternity leave with Jessa and had the time. Of course life was simpler then.

Will is still having issues with the computers. The tech guy from our internet company is coming out later to figure it out. Thankfully, he will come this afternoon and I can get something done before then (like dishes).

Well, time to go and do laundry and clean house. Taxes and paperwork this afternoon with a lot of Cranfest thrown in.

Have a blessed day.
dea

No comments: