Monday, June 09, 2008

Too Much to do...

And too little time to tell you about it. But you're worth it or we wouldn't have this page! Friday was an awesome day for me. The first day of Summer vacation for the kids so Deanna got to sleep in before having to go to work. This means I got to sleep in too! Still we both got up to chat before she went to work which was really nice with both kids still sleeping.

Then, after Dea was off to work, the kids and I got breakfast and headed out to the driveway. Less than a week ago I bought a rust bucket Isuuzuu Troooper. It cost me only 300 bucks so I figured how could I go wrong? I can sell it for scrap for that. By the time I actually got the heap home I was seriously considering scrapping it. I literally put the for sale sign back on it and Kicked myself all weekend long for wasting time and money. We were looking for a smaller sport ute that we could beat up reading electric meters. For the money, this seemed to fit the bill. Until I drove it home. I don't have time or space to give you the list of things wrong with it. Still, it did ride pretty nice. Tuesday that was the only good thing I could say about. So I went to bed Tues. night praying "Lord make this vehicle into a story that will Give Glory to You and be a blessing to me. That was Tuesday Night.
But this was Friday Morning! So, I thought why not? The kids hadn't been in it yet and we were just traveling a few miles down the road. So we piled in and the little beater started right up and sounded pretty good! PRAISE GOD! The more we drove it the better it behaved! So I was in really good spirits when we got to our Destination.
One of the Cranberry Marshes had donated use of their land to the Military to do a rescue exercise that teaches pilots what to do in the event of a Bail out and having to be rescued in a hostile situation.
We had front row seats! A-10 aircraft so low you could see the pilots. BlackHawk helicopters with guns shooting fire (and blanks) and a couple of poor "security" guys on the ground playing "bad guys" who "died" , then got up and "died" again; over and over.
The training exercise went real well and we all really enjoyed watching it. They said they would probably do it again and I can't wait.
After all that the kids and I came home and made use of the great weather to get all kinds of work done around the yard and house.
Turns out that was a good thing because the weather turned lousy after that. We had tornadoes about 20 miles south of us on Saturday and Sunday had a lot of rain too.
Still, we had such a great time on Friday, that it made up for the rest of the weekend.
There was a lot of other things going on that I just don't have the time to tell you about at the moment. Maybe Deanna will fill you in.
But I have to leave for work now.
Oh, and the troooper is still running fine! It does need some fixin before I try driving too far with it, but I'm praying the Lord continues to make it an amazing Blessing from which He can Receive Glory!
May the Lord Bless You and Keep you!
Will

No comments: