Wednesday, August 12, 2009

What to post and what not to post.....

Will tells me it's my turn to blog...ok....fine....except...what do I post about???? So much has happened in the last couple of weeks. It's almost too much to take in, and yet, we go on.....

We spent almost 2 great weeks in Florida and probably could have spent a couple more if we had been able to. We actually accomplished almost every goal we had for the trip with just a few exceptions, but they couldn't be helped. I didn't get to see some people that I had hoped to see, but due to some scheduling conflicts between our schedules and theirs, there just was not enough time. Next time though, I hope.

One thing that the trip did remind me of is how much I like to travel. I just love to get in the car (van) and go. Road construction during the summer can be a bummer though. We usually do most of our traveling during the winter and I had forgotten how much construction there is during the warmer months. WOW!

We completely switched our hours of operation in Florida. Everyone down there gets up much later and goes to bed much later. For me that was hard. I'm usually in bed at 8:30 or so and up really early. Some nights we didn't get to bed until midnight or later. That was fine while we were on vacation, but let me tell you the getting back into a normal schedule here was a killer. It was like having jet lag, but we never left the ground. I'm still a little out of whack due to other circumstances and it feels strange.

We stepped back into our lives and right into school functions (both kids had summer school for varying reasons). Jessalyn is back in show choir and now Crantastic Singers has started for Cranfest. I came back and almost immediately started into Cranfest meetings. We are now, I think, about 44 days away from the fest. Which means I have about 41 to get my jobs done. People start pulling in as early as the week before, so we have to have all of the maps made up, booths marked out, fencing up, signs out etc by the weekend before, with just a few exceptions.

I won a free hotel stay at a local hotel and it expires in September. Now we all know how busy I will be between now and the end of September, so I think that Will and I might go and use up that free night this coming Friday. I don't want it to go to waste and I certainly feel the need to get "away" with my hubby, even if it is only for one night. We will have to be back by 9:30 the next morning...so it's not a lengthy deal, but hey, you take what you can get.

Well, time to go and deal with the dog. He has a yeast infection in his right ear. That means cleaning twice a day and ointment. He's really good about it, but what a mess.

Have a great day!
dea

No comments: