Thursday, October 06, 2005

Fall clean up days

Well Tuesday it was 90 degrees, Wednesday 86 and today 45. I guess fall is here.
Started cleaning up the yard yesterday with Will. We were picking up things here and there because it is supposed to be very windy today. Right in the middle I picked up my gardening hand rake and there was a hornet underneath on the handle. I didn't see it until he decided that I was trying to squish him and stung me. Well, after lots of benedryl and tylenol...I still cannot wear my wedding ring and my hand hurts, but I will live. I am allergic but do not have a typical reaction...my throat does not close up.....wherever I get stung swells and turns black among other things. It was pretty hectic there for a minute, but I think it's all going to be fine.
We have to make a quick trip to LaCrosse today. You know it's funny. When we lived in Florida it took 45 minutes or so to get to Al and Betty's house. We didn't think anything of it. We drove to work in Tally, went to church in Tally and did pretty much everything in Tally. All after driving close to an hour and not giving it a second thought. Here in Wisconsin, it takes us 45 minutes to get to LaCrosse (our nearest "big" town) and we put it off until we cannot help but make the trip. In Florida we drove it daily. Here we drive it about every 4 or 5 months, but only if we have to.
I have to go and renew my driver's license. It has to be done in LaCrosse, because our local driver's license office is only open on Fridays. I guess that tells you how small town we are. All of our local businesses still close at 2:00 pm on Saturdays and stayed closed until Monday.
Jacob is done with golf. He is disappointed, but I think this morning when he found out what the weather will be today he was a little happier. Hard to hit the golf ball when you are shivering.
Jessalyn came out today wishing it was December, but that's because her Aunt Carrie is taking her on a "big girl's night out trip" for her Christmas present. They are going on December 22 to spend the night in a hotel in Milwaukee and go and see "The Nutcracker" ballet. She is very, very excited.
Jacob goes with Carrie the week after Christmas to The Mall of America for a weekend with Carrie, my sister Dale, her hubby Jim and their son Tommy. Jacob is excited too. I think that Carrie hit the "great Aunt" button this year. They think she's tops anyway, but I think this moves her up a few notches.
It must be cold outside.....our outside cat came in this morning, yelled at me and then went to bed in the kid's rooms. She blames us for the weather when it gets cold and hibernates in the kid's rooms all winter. She has declared those rooms her domain and the other cat pretty much stays out of there.
Time to get the second kid on the bus.....
God bless.

No comments: