Saturday, October 01, 2005

The air is turning crisp

Fall is coming, you can feel it and smell it in the air. Today is in high 70's and from now until Tuesday it will be up in the 70's and 80's. Then comes Wednesday.....high of 56. Stays in the 50's and 60's from then on for at least a week. It is my favorite temperature. Perfect weather for working outside and not having to worry about bees (I'm allergic) and not having to sweat so much. The trees are starting to turn color and I love being out on the route.
The kids are looking forward to Halloween. Jacob wants to be Darth Vader. We got him a talking mask and a light saber. My imagination will have to supply the rest. I think I will have to sew some muscles into the suit though. That boy eats more than all the rest of us combined and is still skinny. You can see his frame changing though, so I think that he will start to add on some poundage and muscle soon. He grew almost 1/2 inch in 8 days a week or so ago and I think that he has grown more since then. His typical trip to McDonalds is 3 double cheeseburgers, 1 large fry, 1 medium coke and 2 apples pies. He doesn't look big enough to hold all of that.
Jessalyn wants to be a fairy. This is usually a pretty good outfit to make except that I have to make her look like a fairy and still have her be warm in 30 or 40 degree weather. Should be fun. She is almost in 7th grade reading. They cannot keep up with her. She really is a student. She actually dances around happy when she has homework. Is that normal?

Jacob has decided that he likes golf and wants to keep on playing next year. I'm glad. The hours are tough, but season only lasts a month and a half. Hopefully he will get to play between now and then, but probably will have to wait until spring. Kind of hard to play in the snow. He didn't get to play in that last match last week because another kid broke his collar bone (they had to move the roster around). I think that he will probably play in a match this next week, but we will see what happens. He is not a fountain of information. Talking to Jake about school is kind of like playing 20 questions. He just files it all away in his mind and you have to ferret it out. I am very glad that he has taken an interest in golf. He wanted a sport to play and this seems to be it for now. I think that he wants to be on the chess team this winter too. Not sure about that though....he talks about it, but I don't know if he has decided to do it or not. Whatever he wants to do is fine with me.

Will is working on getting the house ready for winter. As for me, I am just trying to "find" the house. It kind of got lost under this pile of rubble during cranfest. Hopefully, next week we will have finished many of the jobs that we need to do before snow. Things have a way of creeping up on you.
Well time to get ready for work. Everyone is sleeping, so I will be able to get gone without disturbing them. Had to deliver phone books yesterday. Probably one of my least favorite jobs. Especially on this route. He has about 800 boxes. We have been delivering phone books for 4 days. I think I will finish today though...so good.
God bless.

No comments: