Thursday, September 29, 2005

It's time to get out the gloves

Cooler weather hit here for the first time. On Monday the high was 69 and it really felt like a fall day. It was wonderful! Last night the low was 35 and today the high is 61. It is supposed to get back up into the 70's with lows in the high 40' and low 50's. So this is just a glimpse, but it really gets the point across that fall is here.
Last night was wonderful. Amanda and I cleaned out the huge storage room at Cranfest and that pretty much finished up my duties for Cranfest. There are still a few signs to pull down, but it was raining.....I was slopping around in all that water again. So anyway, we finished all the work. I came home and started doing laundry and more laundry. It was rainy and wet, so I built a fire in the fireplace. Then made a huge batch of vegetable soup and we all sat down to a hot, homecooked meal for the first time in weeks. Lately we have been doing sandwiches and easy stuff. We could finally sit down and watch TV and just chill....only there was nothing on. We just went to bed-BEFORE 8:30!
Today I am back to the Post Office for three days. Will is back to Cardinal before having the weekend off. Jacob has his last golf match and Jessalyn has pictures taken at school. Life is back to normal and I am glad.
It will be even better when Jake is done with golf. Poor kid doesn't get home until after 6:00 each night and then there is homework. He gets up at 5:30 am. Not much of a life. Thankfully next Thursday he is done. I am very proud of him for his effort on this. He may get the worst scores, but he gets high scores with me for giving it his best.
Well, time to get Jake up.
God bless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is aunt carrie, aka Doll.
I think it is great that Jake has taken up golf. I went to his match and saw that he really enjoys being with the other golfers. I am proud of any score he gets because it shows he is trying!
It is amazing how fast he is growing up.