Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Take a deep breath and let it out slowly

Well, almost finished with the Cranfest thing for two weeks. If you think about it, this festival that we accomplish is really an amazing thing. A board of 13 volunteers and about 40 members, plus two full time office staff bring about this major festival that brings usually 150,000 plus people to our community. I have never sat down and thought about it really. I can only say that it is very hard work, but well worth it to see all these people having such a wonderful time. I think that there is well over 100 acres of cars parked. Probably closer to 200 acres. All the local hotels within an hour and 1/2 are all booked full and we fill up all camp grounds for miles and miles. It's pretty amazing when I sit back and think about it.....but overwhelming, so I don't think I will sit back and think about it much.
We have the town back in order now pretty much. Amanda and I will go out and pick up the last few signs today, as well as a few little piles of garbage. Then pretty much everything will look like it did, except for the wheel tracks through the yards because of the mud. The school playground that we just paid to have reseeded and leveled will have to be done again. The ball field has already been plowed and dragged with the reseeding starting today. We will have to reseed and fertilize many of the lawns in town, but we do that almost every year for them.
Today starts normal family night again. Although, last night we did not have practice for the group I sing in and Will's group did not practice Monday. Amanda goes home today. The best thing that happened to her this week was a stray puppy showed up and her Mom said that they could keep him. Dad named him Spud as he does all dogs and since Amanda lives next to a potato farm she decided that was a good name. But Spud didn't seem to fit him so she is naming him Tater and she calls him Tate. Her Mom said to call him Cranny (Cranberry get it?) and I said she could call him Fester (Cranfest?) but we decided Tater was pretty good. I don't know if it will stick but she is very happy about it.
Time to get Jake up for school and get on with my day. Will put new brakes on both our cars yesterday, so I will have to get out and try them out before I go back to work tomorrow.
Have a blessed day.

1 comment:

Joel Hayes said...

Cranberry...Fester?? Now thats funny..ha! The Name Tater always reminds me of the Blue Coller Comedy tour. if you've seen it you'll know what I'm talking about.. Tater...ha!!