Wednesday, September 21, 2005

2 days and counting

We are at full throttle here in Cranfest Land. Will is off until next Wednesday and I think he will be glad to go back to Cardinal just to take a break from all the work that I keep finding for him.
I worked on last Friday, Saturday and Monday at the Festival. I will have to work next Monday also, but until then, I am Deanna Donaldson, Executive Officer and GENERAL FLUNKY! I have this unique position at Cranfest. I am responsible for many things, but nothing that ties me down all day for days, so that I am able to help with any general work that comes along. For the last couple of weeks I have been cleaning the store room, organizing volunteers and organizing stuff. Now comes the time that it all has to be delivered to it's ultimate destination. Hundreds of signs, 30 or more tables, boxes and boxes of garbage bags, equipment, supplies, parking tape etc.
I also have enough office experience that I can be left in charge of junk going on in the main office long enough for the office staff to go to lunch and take a well deserves break. Not only do they have to deal with all of the committee chair people, things being delivered, 100's of phone messages, emails etc....they also have to deal with the vendors. In a festival this large (over 1500 booths) there are many people that cannot find their booth, are unhappy with location, ordered the wrong footage etc. You would not believe how many people think that because they buy a 10X10 spot for their tent, they should have an ATTACHED AREA for their camper and two vehicles. If that was the case we would have about 100 booths and no customers.
I have been organizing volunteers, troubleshooting, problem solving, soothing ruffled feathers and moving tons of equipment, and supplies all over.
The golf carts arrived yesterday for the most part. We order about 75 and they are in full swing every day of the festival. My father is getting a special one from our local Toro plant. One of the other directors works there and got it for him. I will have my hubby take a picture. Evidently it is one of the new line of electric small truck/golf carts or some such thing. He sure is excited-a new TOY!
I will switch over to a golf cart today and not see my car until it is time to go home each night at whatever time, I can make it here. Probably earlier tonight because Will has his gig at the VA with Country Revival and so I will need to get the kids showers and in bed. Tomorrow, I will probably be out dealing with vendors until midnight or so.
I also found out yesterday that when they asked me to set up a buffet lunch up at Cranfest on Friday, they were asking me to cook for the Governor of Wisconsin's wife. Guess I won't be making peanut butter and jelly. There are many special guests going to be here this year including many royalty (Miss Wisconsin and those types), the CEO of Ocean Spray etc. Usually they come and eat in our church, but there was just too many so I am setting a buffet up in the Cranfest Office. My Mom and Aunt will serve.
Jacob has his first golf match tomorrow. I had asked the teacher to not schedule it during Cranfest week. He forgot. Thankfully my Aunt can go to it. She will bring him back after stopping at McDonalds. He is nervous, but will be fine, since she can be there. She will take pictures, I hope. Maybe if they turn out we can post them.
We have to take our almost 500 pies out of the freezer tonight and thaw them. Tomorrow the volunteers will come in to slice and box them. We sell some whole, but most get sliced and we sell them that way.
Things seem to be on their way for a great Festival. Please keep us in your prayers that we will all stay safe, well and will get everything done it time. So many things have to wait for the last minute and I really pray that I don't forget anything.
God bless
dea
Ephesians 3:14-21

No comments: