Friday, September 09, 2005

Just another Blog

"...Same old song, just a drop of water in an endless Sea..."
I just realized that it's been more than a couple of days since either Deanna or myself updated this blog. I try not to go more than a couple of days because I know how frustrating it can get looking up someone's blog over and over again to see that they haven't updated, until months (!) later they finally throw you a bone. Of course the down side to updating all the time is that often you don't have anything really to say. I mean to us often every day feels just like the last. I get up and go to work. I come home. I visit with the kids if they haven't gone to bed already. I visit with my wife, but mostly I watch a little tv and then go to bed. Next day: See above. Every once in a while though something happens that you hope is good enough to keep people coming back to your blog. That is the whole point of blogging; having someone else read it. Otherwise we would never post it!
I specifically started this one to help all of the family and friends that Deanna and I have scattered all over this great nation to keep up with what's going on in our lives. It gives them a place to make a comment to let us know what they think and to give us their opinion and it gives them a place to start if they want to send us an email to let us know what's going on in their lives. I truly wish that all of our friends (even the ones who live nearby) would have a "blog" or webpage. I would never get anything done but I would know what's going on in loved ones lives.
I forgive those who don't take the time to read this page. Even when they call and say "what have you been up to? We haven't heard from you all week!" I know that Dea and I posted about Cran fest and how busy we are but they never read it. (sigh) I do understand though, really, I do.
I had an interesting moment the other day. We had just been discussing the New Orleans disaster, pretty much like everyone else in the country. I made the comment: " I understand people doing stupid things like being where they never should have been. I just don't understand them blaming everyone else and demanding that someone else fix their mistake..." We were on our lunch break from reroofing the church steeple.
As we headed back to the church we noticed the sky turning that sick looking green grey color. The winds started picking up bad and we were all thinking of all the materials and tools we left way up on the scaffolding. We pulled up to the church and made a mad scramble up the scaffolding piling everything we could into a box so I could lower it down with the winch. The other guys started heading down while I was running the winch and boy! The winch never seemed to unwind that slow! By the time it was all the way down the storm was on us-or rather, Me.
The heavens opened the wind howled and the scaffolding became terribly slippery. For the first time in days I became nervous at being up that high. As I was climbing down Thinking "This is really Dangerous!" I was also Praying "Yes Lord I really do understand people doing Stupid things like being up on a scaffolding in a storm!" but I don't blame anyone but myself. I also didn't demand that God get me out of it. I was praying that He would but I didn't demand it. I know that I surely would have wanted to know why He didn't if He hadn't. How often do we do that?
Get ourselves in a pickle and then Blame God and demand that He get us out and complain the whole time He's working to save us?
It's Five am. Time to go to work.
Numbers 6:24
Will

No comments: