Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Life's changes

I was just looking at the picture of our family that Will posted at the beginning of this blog. It's hard to believe that it was not so long ago, but so much has changed. The kids are each at least 6 inches taller. Will and I have lost some weight, even though for some reason I keep finding it again and then losing it again. It is so hard for me to grasp how fast things are changing. My baby girl just turned 9. Our son, our eldest child (who should still be a baby) is almost 13. God willing he will graduate a little over 5 years from now. The sands of time are sifting through our fingers so quickly.
I guess my thoughts about that run to how effective I have been in teaching my children about God. So much in life can be easier in the knowing of him. My Mom always told me don't do anything that you cannot imagine Jesus doing with you. I guess that is what kept me from making as many poor choices during my growing up. Compared to Will I come off as a prim and proper young woman. We all know that is the complete opposite of the truth. If there was a mud puddle to run it, dirt to roll in or a mess to make, that is what I did. BUT I guess the secret was that all of my messes did not contain alcohol or drugs. THANK YOU GOD! I hope that my children can say the same thing when they are grown. I pray that they stay away from those types of situations. So far so good.
Life still goes on in the Donaldson house. Will is taking a nap in the chair right now. He worked 12 hours yesterday picking up picture window after picture window. His muscles are pretty sore. He gets up and does a little and then rests some more. I won't push him today because I have to deliver mail tomorrow, so he can work all day without my interference. We still seem to get more done on days that we are alone. I think a good bit of that is that we enjoy each other's company so much we spend lots of time being together. Even if we don't speak we are still "with" each other. I can honestly say that I love my hubby more today than on the day that we married.
Although we love spending time together we don't work well together. We seem to have a completely different approach to work and we drive each other nuts. It's that "women multi-task and men don't" thing. He does one thing at a time and does it well. He says that I work on everything all at once and it drives him crazy (short trip).
Well, while he is sleeping, I am going to go work some more in the yard, while the laundry and dishwasher go. Have a blessed day!

No comments: