Sunday, March 26, 2006

I've been too busy to blog...

Life around the Donaldson house has been extremely busy for me. I have been on my own route since January 7th. Six days a week is not bad when you are done by 11:30 everyday. It has enabled me to get lots of little things done that have needed to be done for a long time.

Things have been very busy as far as Cranfest. We are working in conjunction with the village board and two different lawyers on a village ordinance that will give vendors coming to Cranfest rules to abide by. We have had some problems with vendors not associated with Cranfest coming and setting up a booth on private lawns and selling illegal product (knives, drugs etc.) They are a small group of individuals, but it is something that has needed to be dealt with for years.
I also attented the Governor's Conference on Tourism. I met some neat people and had some great meetings. I actually have a few pictures to post at some time. The funniest thing that happened was on Sunday night they had 80's night. We were supposed to dress like we did in the 1980's. There I was running around in my FSU t-shirt, jeans and tennies. Pretty much everyone else dressed like Madonna. Let me tell you 40 and 50 year olds dressed like Madonna and Boy George are very, very scary. Oh well, they had a great time. It just proved that I was a nerd back then too. I didn't dress like that when I was skinny enough to carry it off.
I came home from that to find that my whole family was sick. Not only sick, but very sick. Will has not had a proper voice for two weeks. He is finally feeling better but not great. Jessalyn has finally kicked it, but now Jacob is running a high fever and has been sick for 3 days. Add the new puppy onto that and you have a crazy household for Mom. Thankfully, I have been taking my germ defence and seem to only have gotten a slight cold type thing in all of this. I am so ready for spring when I can air out the whole house and get rid of winter.
My sister Dale gave me her Amish Friendship Bread starter on Friday. She and her hubby Jimmy left for Tennessee Saturday. Well, it was ready to make the bread on Saturday, so it worked out really well. She did all the work over the 10 days and I made the bread. It turned out to be very tasty. I now have 4 bags of starter to do something with. I think that I will get rid of one and keep three. I will then have enough starter to make 6 loaves of bread in 10 days and can freeze a couple. You never know when you will need some.
We are working on Cranfest recipes for the church now. Trying to find some good cranberry bread recipes that will freeze well. We can fit lots more loaves of bread in the freezer than we can pies. We will still make the pies, but not as many. We also want to sell popcorn in the booth this year. Things are starting to shape up though and get fun.
Well, church today. I know the weather will be great, so maybe we can all get some fresh air. I hope that things are great with all of you. Take care!

1 comment:

Rachel Hauck said...

>>> Let me tell you 40 and 50 year olds dressed like Madonna and Boy George are very, very scary.

Very scary and extremely funny!!

Rachel