Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Another day filled with...Stuff!

...And "Stuff" is what it is too. Nothing real important going on just "stuff". Jacob is off to school while Jessalyn is home sick again. Poor Jessa was supposed to go on a field trip just for Honor Students (like her!) but she was just too pale and feverish to let her go. So she stayed home with me.

I walked Deanna out to her car as she was leaving for work. I'm glad I did. I guess the trips into the ditch during that last snow fall did her in. She has a huge gash in the side wall of her front tire. I mean huge too, even though it was still holding air, it was the kind of Gash that "flaps". I was not a happy camper. I don't care about the tire (or the money) but she needed that car for work today and the mini spare wasn't going to do the job either. I let her drive it with the admonition to drive slow. keep both hands on the wheel and to get that thing fixed right away. I'm much more worried about her than I am about money for Christmas. The tires are under warranty but the cheapskates at WalMart only "prorate" tires. So if the tread wears out in 30,000 miles instead of the warrantied 60,000 they only offer to give you half off the price of the next set. It's not bad I know, but personally I would rather have a free tire with only half the warranty; you know what I mean?

Dave, Deanna's Dad, came over shortly after Dea left. We have been planning on turning my Garage and Workshop back into a room like it used to be. Instead, it looks like it will be three rooms and a small tool storage area. Dea had discussed a couple of ideas before she left for work and Dave showed up with a nice drawing of what he thought. Of course I said no to both of them. I explained to Dave what I was thinking and using my sophisticated computer programs, I promptly put together a 3d virtual image of the space inside and out (no kidding). I was quite pleased with the results, which ironically looked exactly like what Dave and Deanna suggested in the first place (still not kidding). So, for the moment, that's exactly what we are going to do.

Cool thing: When Dave left, I stayed outside for a few minutes to play with Sam (the dog). As we were playing catch with his deflated soccer ball, Sam suddenly stopped and stared. He was staring up. He was watching a Bald Eagle that was flying directly over head. He was flying low enough I decided not to throw the flattened ball for fear the eagle might dive on it. (ok, I knew the eagle wouldn't really, but I still hung on to the ball until he flew away). The eagle swirled over head for about a minute and I spent the time admiring his grace and beauty and wishing Dea was here. She's the one that usually sees them and she loves them so.

The Dad's and The Daughters (Lloyd Oakes, Dave Oakes, Kris Oakes and Deanna) are scheduled to be singing on the local television station in
Eau Claire Wisconsin tonight.
I'm sure they will be awesome as always, but your prayers would be helpful! It's a long trip and makes for two long days wrapped around one real short night. The kids and I will have to miss it. It's too late for the kids and someone has to be home with 'em.

Well, I have more garage to clean out, wood to chop, wood to move and more wood to stack. There is also a house to clean, lunch to make and much more of that "stuff" for me to get to. I leave you with this thought:
Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the Way! Oh what fun...

Will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Will
I wish my TV could pick up the show from here lol. I see your weather is just starting to cool down again, a lot different to here. It is very dry and hot,with lots of bush fires around the state. The smell of smoke is quite strong. Have you talked to the lovebirds yet?
Bob Gould