Saturday, November 25, 2006

The Morning After Black Friday...

...and all is quiet in the house. Deanna has left for work and I am beginning my third of four days away from my job. Both kids are still in their rooms. Jacob is sleeping and Jessalyn is either reading on her bed or playing with an old, old, laptop computer someone gave me; either way she is being quiet and I am enjoying the peace. Soon though, I will have to wake them and begin trying to alternate between forcing chores on them and giving them fun things to do so their holiday isn't a complete waste for them. You know how us "mean dads" can be right?

The temps have been unseasonably warm since our "snowfall". They have been in the upper 50's and lower 60's. This week it should be lower 50's (F). I am NOT complaining! It's nice putting Christmas lights up while it's warm. Not having to crawl around on a snow and ice covered roof is SO Much Nicer! Still, I didn't put all the effort I usually do into the holiday lights for the house. I used to "place" each and every mini light but I just don't have the time and energy. I spent hours just going through all the lights fixing the ones I could by using parts off the ones I couldn't. The pile of "Parts lights" is getting bigger and bigger. It doesn't help that I use so many different size bulbs and types of sets.
I thought I had finished the outside decorations but my wife has informed me that is not the case. I still have a couple of light-sets left and I haven't put up a lighted Cross like I usually do. I have no idea how I'm going to do that this year. Oh well, I'll come up with something but until I do, there is no point in taking pictures so you will just have to wait.

Speaking of which I have just switched to the newer version of my blog host from Blogspot to Blogspot Beta. So far that has been painless. Let me know of any issues. I have to switch my program for placing pictures in this blog (web log) as well. I hope to use the new program for the next set of pics, so we will see.

I took the wife and kids to the Tomah Holiday Parade with lighted floats including our own Warrens Cranberry Festival Float. Honestly I didn't really want to go, but it turned out to be a lot of fun. Our Friends Peggy and Amanda went with us. All six of us crammed into our old Lumina and off we went; giggling all the way. We picked our spot out and sat on the curb with our blankets realizing only then that we were an hour early! Sitting on the curb in a blanket on the Main street of Tomah as the traffic drove by, it kind of had a surreal feeling to it.
Jacob, was embarrassed to be seen with us I think. He especially didn't like the fact that one of the blankets we were using was a "Nemo" blanket. He may be socially scarred for life. Well, now I can scratch off: "Mortally embarrass my own children" from the "things to do before I die:" list.
Speaking of the kids, it's time to get them up, fed, and onto the chores. I hope to have pics of the lights on the house for you soon but I don't know when. Keep checking!
Will

No comments: