Wednesday, June 27, 2007

We Interrupt Our Regularly Scheduled Pics!

We interrupt our Vacation Story with a few moments of life since we got back.
Below you will find pictures of our life once we returned.
We needed the Vacation to give us a break before we started all the things we have to do with the rest of the year.
WE still have a long, long way to go on the rooms that Amanda and Peggy are using but with all their stuff moved in, it has added some more challenges.
Before I can do anymore in there, we needed to finish a project we started many months ago.
You may remember the big Yellow Door we installed? (Ironically the color is growing on me ((shudder))
Well, the installation didn't go as well as we hoped.
Dave and I decided the only recourse was to tear the whole thing out and start over.
You will see a pic of that below.
The pressure was (and is) on to try to tidy things up around here because of The Oakes Family Gathering (There are pics of that below as well)
and my Parents are coming at the end of July and they will be bringing some very dear friends with them as well;
Henny and Nanny who live in the Netherlands will be coming with my mom and dad (Lord Willing).
Deanna and I haven't seen them since we got married 17 years ago.
Well we get pictures and we have chatted with them online and on the phone but you get the idea.
Our hope is to build a little screen porch in front of the big yellow doors which will let in some much needed air this summer.
I would love to have that finished before my family gets here but I don't know if we can swing it.
Dave of course is helping me but with his working on his garage and my having to work at the factory, time and energy is in short supply.

Anyway, there is a kind of poetic story in the pics below.
You will see the work begun on our door and then the storm clouds.
Then a rain picture and after that, some fantastic rainbow pictures that went right over our house.
I had to take a series of pictures to get it, because it was so huge.
Not only was it a full (from side to side) rainbow but there was actually the beginnings of a second and third on each side.
After the Rainbow pictures you will find a few pictures from the Oakes Family Gathering picnic in our back yard. Note what kind of day it was.
I am sorry that we didn't get any pictures of the Sunday Oakes Family Gathering.
I understand Dottie took a few so perhaps I can get hers.

Tune in next time when we will return you to our regularly scheduled picture tour of our vacation to Canada

May You Be Reminded Of The Power of Gods Love Every Day!
Will

No comments: