Friday, September 21, 2007

To Err is Human, Part 2

Well, I bought a new surge suppressor with a phone jack and a new internal modem to replace the fried one. I was slightly amazed by how inexpensive it was. It was also fairly easy to replace. Still, I couldn't help but notice it was the only one the store had. "not much call for them anymore..." the store owner told me as he dusted off the box. Yeah, yeah, I know us Neanderthals that live back in the "sticks" are way behind the times. Of course when I started to explain what I wanted to do with my three computers his tune changed as he coughed and said "let me go get my son...". Guess I'm not the only barbarian in the midst...

His son was very helpful though and I think I have a plan I can implement to get what I want. What I want is to give the ol' reliable computer to Deanna. I will take the one from Mom and Dad and the recently overhauled computer will simply be a "family" computer for surfing and playing games etc. The idea is to have all the important data saved as far away from the "family" 'puter as possible. Still have some "bugs" in my plans to work out but it's a plan anyway.

Now, Here is your new mission! ...Should you accept it (key music) I need a "cordless phone" adapter. Once upon a time before broadband, there were adapters that worked like a cordless phone you could plug into your computer. No! not cell phone. Remember to think Old! Cordless phone like you have in your house. (as if I know what kind of phone you use) See, I want to have these computers in different parts of the house but I'm too lazy to run a phone line to all of them....

Well, time to quit this fantasy and go to work. Have a great day!

God Bless
Will

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Hey Will, Our house fire was caused by improper installation of the fire insert. Sometime in 1980s they remodled the garage into a living space. They didn't leave any space in the firebox area (they laid the plywood directly on the fire box) Over the years the heat from the fire place sucked all the moisture out of the wood. Basically the plywood spontaneously combusted.
There are plenty of do-it-yourself books out there that show the proper installation.