Friday, August 15, 2008

My new "Batmobile"

You know that "stupid things rule"? Well the folks at work are enjoying that side of me too.
I went out to get into my jeep yesterday and my door started yelling at me. Well, actually it was squeaking at me. We looked up into the inside edge of the door along the sliding track and there was a bat in there. He was not happy with me. I was messing with his beauty sleep. We tried everything and he was not budging. Finally I just decided to head out and left my window closed on that side. I sure didn't want him to come out and then fly in the open window. I could just imagine me driving and him swooping inside this huge tin can.

Every time I got out of the jeep I checked on him and he would be in some wierd position trying to hang on. I finally started rooting for the little guy and told him to hang in there. I named him "Percy" and we finished the route together. By the time we got back to the post office, he was so wedged up into the crack, I'm not sure he can get back out. He was not letting go. Stubborn little guy.

I'm interested to see if he will still be stuck there when I get back to work.

Cooked "Southern" style last night for supper. We had ham, butter beans (lima beans cooked with ham) and creamed cucumbers. I also tried this recipe that I got off of a Paula Deen show. It was a type of fritter made with black eyed peas and bacon. I of course added junk without trying it first and Will and I were pleased with the results. I made it with ham, bacon and onions. The next time I will try adding green peppers. I wanted to add those this time too, but got sidetracked.

We have been on a cleaning mission around here, with both kids really, really working hard. We also decided to "do the cleaning for Dad". That way it would really make Will smile. Jessalyn deep cleaned the car and the family bathroom. Jacob has been the manual labor for his mother. I clean in the yard and he runs things to where they need to go (compost, garbage, garage etc) Sure saves me time. Hope to get more done today.

Tonight is open house at the Middle School for Jessalyn and her cousin Jessica. Tomorrow is the annual church get together at our friend's house. Sunday is a get together for my Dad and Mom's family at my sister's house. In between it's more work at the P. O., cleaning around the house and more remodeling. Will is going to be siding and staining I guess. Life sure is busy.

Have a great day.
dea

No comments: