Wednesday, August 13, 2008

What a time camping!

The kids and I along with a "friend" for each headed out camping to Green Lake this last weekend. What a blast! The weather was perfect 78-80 with a breeze all three days. A little rain on Saturday to cool things off enough for our last night bonfire. What a great time.

We got off to a late start (I knew that was going to happen). Things just did not work the way they were supposed to. We got tons and tons of mail. Have not had any heavy days for weeks and so of course we get some that day when I want to really get out of there. Nothing went right! Really hard not to lose my patience and start snapping. I really tried though. Had to keep taking a moment to regroup. We finally headed out from the house at 4:30 pm. Quick drop off at the bank. Then another stop to get gas and drinks and we were off.

Our cabin at the Lake sleeps six. It pretty much is a room with 3 sets of bunks built into the wall, three closets, a kitchen and then an added on bathroom. It's just about perfect. Not too much cleaning, but you still have all you need to live. Makes me wonder about our 3000 square foot house, with 5 bedrooms, 4 family rooms, soon to be 2 kitchens and 3 bathrooms. I shared the cabin with my cousin Kris and we had a great time. It was just Jessalyn, her cousin Jessica, Kris and I in the cabin. Jacob and Luke and Ryan had a "Man tent" over on the tent area about 150 feet away. It worked out well.

All of the kids were up about 7:00 most days and except for check in points during the day and feeding times, they were out and about. This is a huge gated campground with miles of paved roads/bike paths. I think there are 6 or 7 water towers made of stone that they can go and climb up and look around ( they all have actual steps etc) The kids just take off on their bikes and go exploring. Then they went swimming for much of the 3 days in the lake. By the end of the day they were all worn out. The boys didn't even stay up late each night. They just conked out and slept.

I spent lots of time visiting with my family, playing Pit, Spoons and Nertz. I got a chance to play with my cousin's kids and they are a hoot. It's fun to do that "Gramma thing", play with them and then send them home when they get cranky. They enjoyed eating at my "house" so that was great for me (You gotta train em' up right). I got "some" walking in, but not enough. I have recently bought new tennis shoes and have my brace in them for my torn ligament and my foot is having a hard time adjusting. Of course I took pictures, but forgot my digital so will have to get them developed.

Now I'm back in the real world. Back to my sorting, cleaning and remodeling. We all spent yesterday trying to finish unpacking and getting things organized. Working 6 days a week with 2 kids in summer school, it's hard to get anything accomplished. By the time I'm done working and running us all around, I'm exhausted. BUT we perservere. Hard not to get disgusted and disheartened. Thankfully God has it work that when either
Will or I get overwhelmed, usually the other one is calm and we pull each other through. None of the plans that we had for the summer have come to fruition. It's frustrating. We'll see what happens.

School starts on the 2nd. Cranfest is 43 days away. Time to get busy and get prepared for both. Now if I can just find the energy to do that and to paint the three rooms that need it as well as the other remodeling etc. I've depressed myself just writing it down.

I need a maid.

On that note, I'm going to go clean the bathrooms. Life just gets better and better.

Did I mention it's raining?

Welcome back to the real world. I'm thinking about running away to Green Lake again.

Have a great day.
dea

No comments: