Monday, September 08, 2008

Know any good salsa recipes?

There has been a pattern running through many local gardens this year.....nothing seems to get ripe. Most of the people that I have talked to about it agree. Most of our tomatoes are still green. There are lots of them, but they are not getting ripe. Of course we have not had a terribly hot summer and now the weather is turning cooler for the fall (in fact our low tonight is forcast to be 38). I'm not sure if all of it will be ready for harvest or not.

My tomatoes just now seem to be starting, but I think they will all get ripe at the same time. That means lots of canning. Does anyone have any good salsa recipes for canning? Thank you God for the harvest, but please give me the energy. Between Cranfest and trying to get the house in order for refinancing.....I'm tired. I had hopes of getting the carpets cleaned in the blue room, our bedroom and the family room this weekend. I got started on it, but then this stupid TMJ struck. Boy is this stuff a pain, Literally. I'm fine and then all of a sudden my head feels like it's falling off.

Today we go and sing for the nursing homes in Tomah. It's a blessing. Of course Mondays are the worst day for me to do it, but it's the day that everyone else could. Seems kind of strange sometimes, that all of them are retired, but this is the day they could do it? Anyway, those old people are wonderful and they love having us come. It's a trial sometimes to get there, but so, so worth it.

Tonight is our last Cranfest meeting before the festival. We are down to 16 days before the fest (although it's closer to 14 for me since set up is just as busy as the real thing). I just LOVE this time of year. When you are a person that just loves "TO DO" for others and make them happy, this is like the greatest thing. Where else can you make over 140,0000 people happy? If you think about the "big picture" of this festival it can be overwhelming. We just have to think of each "little part" in order to make it work. After all, there really are only about 25 people that do most of the work (of course there are others that come in and work in parking, etc) but set up and the running part it's a pretty small crowd. Come Monday morning after, the clean up crew will be down to about 10. Pretty amazing.

The kids are doing great in school so far. Jessalyn seems to be finding it easier every day. Of course it's all made better by the fact that her "bestest friend" her cousin Jessica is going to the middle school too now. They get to ride the bus together everyday, so that makes it fun. I remember that things were made much better by my cousin Kris riding the bus with me. It gives you someone to talk to.

Jake seems to have found his way right away this year. Aside from the sprained toe and foot, he is doing pretty well, I think. At least there are no notes from the teachers saying anything different.

Last Tuesday when school started it was the hottest day of the year and very humid, low 90's. Wednesday it was a high of 58 and rainy. Since then the hottest day has been in the 70's. I am not ready for fall and all it entails, but it seems to be happening regardless of what I think. The temps make me happy at work riding around in a big tin can, but the near panic that it gives a person when they think of all the stuff that they need to get done before winter is not fun. Especially when you are riding around in a big tin can with plenty of time to think.

Well, I need to leave for work in an hour and if I play my cards right I can get another load of laundry done, finish the kitchen and maybe even clean at least one of the carpets. Here goes!

Hope you have a great day.

By the way, Will is still great, although I think he misses his little yellow band aid.

dea

No comments: