Sunday, September 21, 2008

Orange paint and me...

I have a new fashion accessory, fluorescent orange paint. We have to mark all of the locations for the booths (I think there are over 1300). To help do this we have these squirter things that have a little wheel at the bottom and the paint goes in upside down and it rolls over the ground squirting orange paint as they go. They are pretty nifty but there's a trick to them. If you look at the ground instead of where you are going, you start to look like the "family circus" cartoons where they showed the paths of the little kids by using dotted lines. You can almost go in a circle because the ground is so deceiving. So as you paint the line, you look directly at the point that you are aiming for and aim for that as you go. It usually works pretty good, unless you are one of them that lean to the left or the right. There are a couple of us that no matter where we go we either lean to the left or the right and the lines can get pretty crooked (no I am not one of them). When you get as tired as we do and they start going crooked we can get giggling and then it gets silly.

The other day we had to move something so everyone handed me their squirters and I had already been holding 3 cans of paint. So in juggling 3 or 4 squirters and 3 cans of paint, somehow the trigger on one got caught on one of the others and started squirting. It was like trying to catch a garden hose! I had orange paint flying everywhere and couldn't figure out how to turn it off. By the time I got done I had all of these slashes or orange paint all over me from the top to the bottom. My shirt had stripes, my pants and even my hair. Well that started me laughing and that was all it took. I looked like some halloween nut laughing like a loon. Oh well, we all needed to laugh so it was all for the good.

We are done marking now. Tonight is coronation. Jessalyn is always my "date" for that. Will has no interest in seeing the Cranberry Queen crowned. Jessalyn's cousin Jessica is trying for Princess, so she is really excited to go this year and see how she does. We are rooting for her, but it's so hard to make it your first year with so many girls running (I think she's up against 12). We're behind her though. Jessalyn thinks she might try out next year. We'll see.

Monday is more finishing up stuff and trouble shooting. Some of the vendors started coming in yesterday. That always means "lost" people etc. I have quartet practise that night because we are singing at the fest Friday, Saturday, Saturday night and then the National Anthem for the Parade on Sunday. Should be lots of fun. We really want to get it video taped. Maybe I can figure out how to put a little bit of it on the blog.

Today is catch up day at home. I HAVE to dye my hair. I'm starting to look like my head is 60 with all of this gray coming out. Time to get "me" back. My house is a wreck with the remodeling etc. I have just be doing enough housework to get by the last 2 weeks. Today, I hope to get it all cleaned pretty thoroughly. That way it should last through Cranfest with just maintenance.

Well, time to go to church. Hope you all have a blessed day.
dea

No comments: