Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Well the race is on....

and here comes me at the back.....probably will not win, but please God let me finish the race. THINGS ARE CRAZY!!!!

School has been in for what, a week now? Already my bottomless pit of a son has gone through tons of food (costs bunches for lunch money that one does) and Jessalyn has brought home a book order, a need money for show choir order, a need money for school pictures for both of them, class ring for Jacob order form, 2 field trip requests and who knows what else. In the past didn't they jsut send you to school and you sat in that room, ate your lunch brought from home and then played outside at recess by using your imagination with your friends instead of $50,000 of equipment that the kids will complain about next year as being old? It sure is expensive sending kids to school. Now they want to have two fund raisers in the next couple of months. Wow. It's not that I begrudge them anything that has been going on, it's just after the 4th or 5th request it started hitting me, just how much you have to shell out month after month. It's cheaper to keep them home over the summer. Life was so much simpler when I was the kid going to school.

As far as the house.....nothing I planned happened this last weekend. The stupid TMJ hit and I ended up not being able to clean the carpets. Thankfully, I have a WONDERFUL husband who cleaned the one for me. Bless his little heart.

Today I took the day off from work. My shoulders are really bothering me. I think it's from the heavy volume of mail the last couple of days. Some people will get 15-20 magazines a day and it makes me hurt. Good grief, I just read what I've written and I sound like a whiny whimp. Sorry about that. Ok, so I'm not my usual happy camper self, but it'll come back to me. I also sound like I'm falling apart and I'm not. I think most of it is the change in the weather.

I hope to use my day off to let my shoulders rest and to catch up with myself and all my junk that needs to get done. Will and the kids are all gone so I can fly through the house (although the dog still gets in the way). I'm catching up on housework and paperwork this morning, cooking for 25-30 people for lunch (volunteers at Cranfest), and then going in to work on paperwork, marking etc in there.

I pick up Jessalyn at 5:00 today from show choir practise and then we have family night (eating at McD's or some such place) before heading to church for our first night of Bible study and youth group. We had taken August off from that as a church. Now we start back in.

Well, time to get busy. Hope you have a great day.
dea

No comments: