Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Black Squirrels

On my route I have a few black squirrels. It's really interesting that in Florida you see white squirrels and in Wisconsin we have black ones. This one is very friendly (as far as squirrels go). He sits there and looks at me and doesn't run away when I am very near. I guess he doesn't see me as a threat since I come and mess around there every day and then I leave. He sure can get himself into funny situations. He tries to carry these huge walnuts and hickory nuts that are twice as big as his head and then get them up the tree. Usually he gives up and comes back down the tree and goes to bury them somewhere else. I can't help but waste a few minutes watching him. I call it my lunch break and then I head out and he goes on with his life. I think he's pretty neat. Just some more of that useless information that I head rolling around in my head. Have a great day.
dea

No comments: