Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving at our house.

This year Thanksgiving dinner was held at our house. We cleaned, dusted and vacuumed. We cleaned out the "new family room" (Will calls it the sun porch). We had it already to set up with the tables and chairs and then family arrived. I was in the kitchen cooking when my Aunt walked through the door. She sat down on a chair to talk to me while I cooked. Then my 2 sisters and brother in law walked in and they all pulled up a chair. We all ate muchies and talked while I cooked dinner. When it came time to go out to the other room, none of us went. We all were having such a good time right there that we all just stayed. It was kind of funny. Most of you know how I cook. I cook tons of food and try to make sure that there is enough. Here we all were sitting at this table covered with tons of food, making a little area for our plate to set while we ate and talked some more. It was a great time with lots of laughing.

Work is really picking up and I'm glad. I love the holiday season. The hours are long, but delivery Christmas joy to everyone is a pleasure and in some ways an honor. Every Christmas card brings a smile and a little happiness. It's great!

I have been working on getting Will's 2010 vacation calendar figured out. He has to turn in his requests on January 4th. Knowing now what we will do next year is not easy. I can pretty much decide a couple of weeks ahead, but he has to really plan it out. Well, I have to really plan it out and then run it past him. It isn't easy.

Well, time to get people off to school and me off to work.
Have a great day.
dea

No comments: