Thursday, June 30, 2005

Another day in the life of.....

Here it is Thursday already. The week is almost over and I don't think I have caught up from last week. Truthfully, I think that I am still working on my "to do list" from the spring of 1999. I never seem to get caught up. When I mark one thing off of my "list", I write 3 or 4 more down. I guess you could say that I sink my own ship in that way.
We started yesterday working on getting Al and Betty's trailer/camper set up. Had to move stuff around so that nothing would be in the way when they bring in the two or three tractors they need today. Working on a time limit with the equipment so we did everything we could before. Trying to anticipate what will need to be where is always interesting.
To make matters even better, I had to deal with the camper from last years camping trip too. You see, my Aunts and cousins etc from the Oakes side all go camping over at Green Lake . It is a great and wonderful camp ground that we enjoy going to every year. Well, we bought a used camper for us last year and it worked wonderful. EXCEPT, when we got it home and tried to set it up to unload it.........it died. There it sat all winter with us unable to unload it for the most part. We got what we could reach out, but I wasn't quite sure what had been left in there.
Will was talking to one of the guys in his music group about the camper and they decided that Joe would buy one of the "2" campers we have to store their band equipment in and to haul it to their "gigs". Of course he had to come the next day while Will was at work. He came over to look at the campers and decided that he wanted both of them and so I had to unload it. After sitting there for one year and more, it all had to be done now on the same day as the other. I guess when things happen, they happen!
Will had cut the top off of last year's with a "saws-all" and he ripped it open yesterday. Oh my! We found our yard games and set up the badmitten set for the kids. With the collection of "mosquito coils" I found, I should be able to keep the state of Wisconsin free of pests for a couple of days.
As I was unloading in the hot muggy weather I got frustrated trying to find room for everything...so I chewed on my hubby for a while. He in turn got frustrated and decided to beat up the garage for a while. What was going to be a simple day ended up with everybody chewing, griping and losing what little patience we had. I would like to put it down to the weather, stress from the gathering and more excuses that I'm sure I could come up with if I tried, BUT the truth of the matter is I started feeling overwhelmed with the tasks that I had set up for myself and the tasks that everyone expects me to do because I always HAVE done them in the past. I have created my own problem and now
it's up to me to figure out what to do about it. The first option that came to mind was to "WHINE" and I ran with it.
We ended up cleaning the garage out (well at least half of it). The campers are cleaned out, both of them. The stuff is put away, at least most of it. We are ready for the equipment to come (I think) and life goes on.
One of the main problems that I find myself having is trying to take on too many responsibilities and "things". It is so much easier to just do it myself than it is to ask someone else to do it. There is that whole thing about explaining it takes so much time that I already could have finished it by the time I am done explaining it. To make matters worse I find myself measuring/judging people by the standards that I hold myself to. If I would treat a certain person this way......then they should treat ME that way too. What a way to sabotage yourself. I cannot hold people to my own ideals and that is very hard for me to remember. I would never try to hurt someone directly, but I cannot EXPECT the same from them just because it is true for me. I cannot expect someone else to go the "extra mile" just because I would. I have to expect the best from them, but their best is not always what I would consider "best". It's a difficult thing for me to deal with. God and I are working on it, but I still run into the walls of frustration and dissapointment often. Especially with family members because they should "know better" right? The farther I come with this, the farther I realize that I still have to go. Pray for me. For that matter, pray for us (I know you already do). Will is the one that has to deal with my frustration and he truly sometimes does not understand where I am coming from because I don't know that he expects anything from anyone. He is so layed back he just goes with the flow and I am the idiot over here having a fit about it.
So hopefully.......the camper situation for the folks will come together today. God willing the other 2 campers "situation" will be solved also. I would love to have everything accomplished to a point where we can just enjoy the "folks" being here next week and everyday life will not intrude greatly on our time together. Here's hoping!!
It's a glorious morning here and I am going to go out and watch the birds for a while. God's richest blessings on you all today.

No comments: