Tuesday, June 21, 2005

I have to wonder; will I ever again have enough time and energy – together - at the same time? I mean with the way things go around here, if I ever do, then somebody will probably want to charge me for having it and I won’t have enough money…

I didn’t mean to start this off with a whine; but hey, it’s a hobby! Besides, you have to stick with what you’re good at right?

It’s been an interesting couple of days around here. I had to work this last weekend so of course that means on fathers day I was out doing what fathers are supposed to do, provide for their family. Its ironic that I pointed out in my last writing that things have slowed a little at my work, because now work is saying everything has “cranked” right back up. We should be back on full schedules and in a rush from here on out. I guess it's another case of “feast or famine”.

I got to speak to my father Saturday night so that sort of took care of my “obligations” for “Fathers’ Day” but it still felt amazingly inadequate. Made especially so because he called me and not the other way around. Of course it is his fault. He’s the one that taught me to be independent and to stand on my own two feet. He’s the one that showed me how to place my family’s needs before my own. I watched him trying to figure out how to get a gas station like he wanted and accepting that without God it wasn’t going to happen. I also watched that when God opened up the door dad didn’t hesitate but through the door he went. If it wasn’t for that, odds are good that I wouldn’t be up here in the woods of Wisconsin and loving every bit of it - except for the distance between so many loved ones and me.

As a son, Fathers’ day and Mother’s day will start in a couple of weeks when Dad and Mom come to visit.

As a Dad, Fathers’ day started when school let out. One of the best things about my job is that I get whole days off in the middle of the week. I get to catch up on chores and to spend some quality time with my kids. I don’t know if they would call it that. “Daddy” is not a very patient man…(sigh). Sadly I don’t think they will know how much I treasure them until they are much older. Hebrews 12:6 says:

: For those whom the Lord loves He disciplines,

I figure that when they finally read and understand that verse they will begin to understand how much they mean to me. Right now, well they are like I was at that age. Really wishing I would just buy them whatever they want and let them do whatever they want. Sorry kids; can’t do that. You can blame it on “Grampy and Grammie”. It’s their fault! Yeah! Hey! I like this “passing the buck” thing!

Deanna is at work again today. Things are picking up for her at work as much as they are for me. There is a really good possibility that she may be able to pick up an “aux route” at the post office. If it works out like we think, it could be the perfect thing (next to just being given extraordinary amounts of cash!). There is a really good possibility she wouldn’t have to leave for work until after the kids leave for school and she would be home before they are. The down side: she very well might have to work 6 days a week. She would have all the benefits that I don’t with my schedule and but none of the benefits I enjoy either. Could be interesting. Please keep praying for the Lords intervention in our jobs and for our continued ability to be Gods ambassadors there.

Well, I think I have played around and put off my chores long enough.

Numbers 6:24

Will

3 comments:

Rachel Hauck said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rachel Hauck said...

Hi Will,

Just wanted you to know I stopped by your blog when I should be working on a novella and listened to you whine. ;) LOL.

Good post. That's what blogs are for... blahhhing.

Rachel

Will H. Donaldson Family said...

Hey this is will! Deanna just noticed some interesting little notes that look like html script in the middle of the paragraphs for this log. She uses Internet Explorer while I use mozzilla's firefox. For some reason these things are not there when the blog is viewed in the firefox browser but yet there they are in "I.E.". Keep in mind that both of these browsers are on the same computer. Any idea's let me know ok? Thanks!