Wednesday, June 08, 2005

I'm old, beat up and worn away.....

Well, the auction is over and done with. Ha! Ha! Now that is funny. Actually the selling part is done, but now we are left with the clean up part. Everyone that bought things took what they wanted and left the remaining stuff just sitting there. Now we get to clean up the good stuff and either pack it away for another consignment auction at a later date, throw it away or take it to Goodwill. Mom is ordering a dumpster, but we all decided to take Tuesday off.
We decided to take the day off, but the Post Office didn't. They called bright and early Tuesday morning and said that would need me for the rest of the week. No rest for the weary I guess. Well, there is always next week. Actually, I'm kind of afraid of what next week might bring. You just never know around here.
Things went for wierd prices at the auction. Things that you would have thought would have brought a great price didn't and these old beat up benches that Dad had sold for huge amounts. I told Dad and Will that our new business was making "old" benches. Low cost items that sell well. I can make them look as old as they want. Shoot we could just leave our kids in the same room with the new benches and they will be looking old in no time.
I planted new flowers in all my pots etc. last night, so what did it do after we went to bed? Rain, lightening, small hail. I'm so glad that I planted them. I am praying that they will recover. Will is going to take a picture of the house soon and we will post it. All the pictures we have now have snow in them.
I am starting to get ready for the Oakes Family Gathering on June 25 &26. They are coming from far and wide and I want to make some memories for them. I have been working on getting our family tree down on paper. I am not done yet and have over 360 names. We are going to try to make large print outs of the tree print out from my computer. I have many old pictures now and would like to make copies for everyone that wants them, even if it is just a CD.
Well time to leave for work. We will try to post more pictures soon.

No comments: