Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Finished Camper

Hey, I realized that I never did post a “finished” picture of the camper. Of course, we really aren’t done. It’s like a house; are you ever really “done” with it? Mom and Dad are still here and we’re keeping busy. Dea and I still have to work but the kids are getting some really good “quality” time with their grand parents and their cousins. We’re going to have 5 kids running around here today again. My Brothers’ “young-uns” Mindy and Paul, Dea’s Brothers’ youngest Patrick and then of course Jacob and Jessalyn our two very own “Sesame Street Monsters” (cute, cuddly, sweet, and well meaning, but monsters just the same!)

It should be an interesting day.

We’ve been in a drought for some time here in Wisconsin. It was made worse by those silly Floridians. They deny it but I know they brought all that Florida heat with them. I had to actually install the air-conditioners for the house the other day. I haven’t had to use them for the last two summers! I think the guilt of the “Floridians” (Mom and Dad) is getting to them. Somehow they managed to get that hurricane to last long enough to bring some rain up our direction, if it doesn’t “piddle” out before it gets here. The weather channel says we should get some rain this afternoon. Of course you have to realize that the weather channel doesn’t really believe anyone lives in Wisconsin; so they just make it up as they go along. (Well! It Sure Seems Like That To Me! :-P )

Dad has just come in and announced that we need to replace the screen that he and I just replaced a couple of days ago. Frankly I don’t understand why we have to fix it again. I mean, so what if one whole side of the screen is ripped out? (sigh) So, I need to go.

I have to say a special Thankyou to Joel Hayes. He called me about some tips on posting pictures to his web page/blog. While I was telling him how to do it, I also was explaining that I use Microsoft’s Word to type my drafts and then copy and paste to our “blog” posts. He then suggested that instead of the rather long involved process of posting pictures that I was supposed to be helping him with, we could just put our pictures in our Word Doc and then copy and paste them! It works! What a Twerp! Here I was so proud of how I figured out how to do this and the guy who is supposed to be asking Me how, tells me a better way! The Nerve of that guy!

LOL I’m just kidding of course. Thank you Lord for another wonderful lesson in humility. And thank you Joel!


No comments: