Monday, July 04, 2005

RV Park Today!

Well, its time for the next installment of “RV Park Today!” LOL. I had to work my three 12 hour days at Cardinal Glass so I haven’t had a lot to do with the work here at the house nor have I had the time or energy to give you the proper daily updates and pictures.

My poor parents who we’ve been doing all this for, have had to go days without pictures. When I talked to them the other night they seemed a bit… well… antsy. I of course, being the cruel natured beast that I am, have almost enjoyed playing out the suspense. Now, I bring at least some of that suspense to an end.
I have to apologize for the pictures. I had to enhance them digitally so that you would be able to see what was going on. I took the pictures at sunset. The light at that time can make for some wonderfully dramatic pictures, but not if what you are going for is detail.
In a lot of the pictures below you will notice Seth, a very nice young man who is a wonderful Christian and an extremely handy fellow to have around. The reason for more than a couple of the pics is for a certain, wonderfully sweet, young woman down in Australia that has captured his heart. (Sorry ladies, He’s taken.). She left a comment the other night so I thought I’d give her a few more pics.
After my afternoon with the excavator Seth came in the next day and leveled out a load of gravel and road base. Then, he dug four holes with a post-hole digger at a sideways slant. The holes were dug almost as deep as the diggers are long. At the top of the hole he placed square wooden frames and then poured five bags(!) worth of cement into each of the holes and frames. The effect of which is that the cement forms a sort of hourglass shape. Into the still liquid cement he placed a rebar loop. These then became anchors to hold the camper in place during some of the strong winds we can have here.
The next day Seth towed the camper into place. To tell you something of Seth’s character; when I got home, I asked him if the camper was straight and even with the garage next to it. Instantly, as if he knew the question was coming, he replied “to within a quarter of an inch”. I told him I couldn’t be any more demanding than that.
We are going to be placing some insulation and skirting around it and installing the proper power receptacle and then I believe we will be finished until my parents can arrive and make some decisions as to how they would maybe like to finish it out.

Today Deanna’s Aunt Carrie (aka “Doll”) has taken the kids to see the 4th of July Sesquicentennial Parade in Tomah. Because of her work schedule she couldn’t come to the fireworks last night and the kids sure missed her. So today she is taking them for a couple of hours. I hope they all have fun! Later on we should be heading over to Dea’s Aunt Marge and Uncle Lloyd’s place for a family 4th of July picnic. Otherwise I hope to just take it easy today, as technically this would be what you would call my “Sabbath”. With my work schedule, you take ‘em where you can get ‘em.
Numbers 6:24Will

1 comment:

Joel Hayes said...

Hey, Guess what? You've been tagged! Now you have to write a post about five things you miss about your childhood. so get started!