Friday, December 30, 2005

What a weird day!

I came home yesterday to a pretty serious hubby. It seems that our furnace which died the day after Christmas was dead. Not only dead, but truly DEAD! The only solution was to replace it. It is quite an exercise in faith on our part, knowing that God is in control and letting him stay there. When your world starts to fall apart, you have no choice but to depend on him for everything. The only problem is, I tend to try to help him control it. I'm not saying that I jerk the reigns back, but I do try to try to give him hints on what, when and how he should do things. Not taking some form of action except prayer is a very hard thing for me. I have always been one that sees something that needs to be done and so I do it. Not a big deal. This time it is a big deal and the only solution we have is God.
Then today, like almost every other day since the beginning of November, I went to work. The only difference is that they predicted 3-6 inches of snow. Boy were they wrong. What proof that only God knows what the weather will do.......it rained. AND rained AND rained. I was soaked by the time I finished the route. Who would ever have thought that on December 30th we would have rain? Oh well, at least the roads were not slippery for the most part.
When I came home the new furnace was in already. I guess they had it in before noon. What a great bunch of people at Bill's heating. I have known Bill all my life and really appreciate his willingness to run over here and fix the old beast we had, no matter when we called. The funny thing is, he was here to fix it Christmas Eve last year so that we could have the party and then this year, it was the day after Christmas. Now I don't mean to be terrible, but I really hope and pray that he does not come back for a while, at least not professionally.
Today was my last day on Route 6. I have been the sub on that route for almost 5 years and it was kind of sad driving around and seeing my regular customers. Who would have thought you could get sentimental about a mail route? Now I finish out my last week of working on Route 4 and God willing on this next Saturday the 7th, I start my own route, ROUTE 8. I am excited, but also scared. It will be a big change for us, but I think most of the changes will be good ones.
Well, time to go and eat supper. It was a very long day today.
God bless.
dea

No comments: