Monday, April 17, 2006

My spring has sprung

One of the carriers that I used to substitute for has been injured for almost 3 weeks. His new sub has been on the route for almost 4 months. She still has a hard time finishing the route by herself on time. I have been doing half of the other route plus my own for many of the days. Add in the sick family and other work on the side and I am old, beat up, and wore away. BUT spring is here!
My tulips are blooming, dwarf iris patch too. I just love spring. The frogs are singing and every once in a while I make Will go outside with me and listen to the frogs at night. I'm sure it doesn't thrill him like it does me, but he is a good husband and puts up with me.
My parents are helping us build a large garage/pole building on the southern end of our property. We need it for cars and storage. It's exciting to see it go up. I will be glad to have that done and the farm finished so that we can all get working on the garden and other summer things.
The kids are back to school after a week's break. They are not happy about it, but I sure am. They get antsy here around the house.
The dog is great. I just wish that I could keep him out of the kitty litter. Yuck! He is very sneaky about it. I call it his "stealth mode". When you wonder "where's Sam" you can usually find him there. I don't know who gets more worn out, him or the kids.
Well time to get kids ready for bed.
God bless.

No comments: