Friday, April 28, 2006

A Truck, A Car, and a Shed to cover 'em with!

Below are a few pics of our ongoing Pole Shed project. We haven't worked on it much this week but it got this far really quickly.
Our new pickup has been very helpful and very thirsty. Especially when you consider the gas mileage I get with my ol' beat up Festiva. I used to get a lot teasing about my little "beater" of a car but now with Gas prices going nuts those same people have started asking me where they can get one like mine. I just smile and say "...the junkyard."

Now though I have a cool "beater" of a truck as well, but I think I will drive it a little nicer than I do the festiva. I really am tickled with the truck and how helpful it has been. Just how did I get along without one??


Also you will see below one of the two (!) vehicles my 13 year old son owns. It is a 1939 Dodge special deluxe that has a lot of potential. It doesn't run and boy does it need a lot of work but "it's all there" and the motor does turn over. This was given to Jacob by Deanna's Dad (Dave). This is the very same car he drove Deanna's mom (Dottie) to the hospital in when it was time for Deanna to be born. No, it's not for Sale. (Uh well, if someone was to offer ten grand I wouldn't make them wait outside while we thought about it... but otherwise...) [side note: Deanna asked me to point out that no, she wasn't born in 1939...I say "asked" but the tone of her voice suggested it wouldn't be healthy for me to turn down her request...]
I still don't have any pics of the 78 Dodge prospector that also belongs to Jacob. I don't want to risk breaking my camera. It is that ugly, at least to me it is, but Jacob has a lot of sentiment tied up in it and he loves it.

If putting up with an ugly truck will make him happy I guess I can hide it in the shed too. Am I a great dad or what? (This question is purely rhetorical. Please don't burst my bubble by truthfully answering. The truth and the facts have nothing to do with this....;-)


Well, there's your update. Enjoy the pics and continue to pray for us just because every little bit helps! Numbers 6:24!
Will

1 comment:

John said...

The truck does not look like a beater to me.
Where did Dave hide that car for so many years. I dont ever remember seeing it on the property in Floriday. Looks like a GREAT project car. Will be worth every penny!!!!!