Friday, May 05, 2006

Ok, Ok...

Ok, Ok... I will get you some pictures of "ol-ugly" which by the way Jacob has named "George". I have no idea where he came up with that, but he was really young when he did it and it sort of stuck. Anyway, I want to get the bed of the truck cleaned out before we take the picture just to be fair (we filled it with aluminum cans waiting for recycling. It seemed poetic.) and then you can decide if it's "ugly" or not. Please keep in mind that I personally do not think that a truck being ugly is necessarily a bad thing, I just don't want it in my front yard. Who knows, there is a very large part of me that really wants to see my son make something of this truck. I just pray it will be worthwhile. The same goes for the '39 but I have better hopes for that. That thing has been sitting in Deanna's great-Uncle's barn since the middle to late 60s. Now it will have to wait til we have the time and money to do something with it. I hope it doesn't take another 30 or 40 years...
Will.

2 comments:

Joel Hayes said...

Excuses excuses, Hey I'm sure you can borrow a sander or a wrench or two if you're in need. Or maybe you could do some bardering. I mean you are the brother of Allen Donaldson aren't you? and the son of Al Donaldson( who know how to skin a cat 1000 ways), right? You can't pull the wool over this old mans eyes. Besides, I've known you My whole life. Hey Jake just get out there and start working on it and soon the old man will follow cause curiosity always gets the cat.

Will H. Donaldson Family said...

You'll see, You'll see! ;-)