Thursday, May 11, 2006

SNOW!!!!!!!

Believe it or not, it is supposed to be rain mixed with snow today. Not that our temperature is cold enough for snow. I guess it is just going to be cold enough up above to cause snow to fall at times. How wierd.
I have now officially run out of medical supplies, so I will have to restock today. This has been one of those weeks. On Saturday Jessalyn was walking the dog and let down her guard while standing on the gravel driveway. The dog saw the cat and took off. Jessa wasn't prepared and did a sideways back flip (her words) onto the gravel. The only thing not scraped was her face and left arm. Then on Monday I sprained my ankle slightly. No big deal and it's better now. Yesterday Jacob took a trip through the air without his scooter and banged up his right elbow. Will moved wrong yesterday and now has a hitch in his getalong. Our friend Amanda came over for her birthday dinner (she requested Zuppa Tuscano and southern style turnip greens). While opening her presents she opened her new pocket knife/tool and cut her finger. I have bandaged more cuts and scrapes this week. I have no gauze, tape, bandaids or anything. Last night I had to use "blue easy pull tape that painters use" for Jacob's elbow. Walmart here I come.

One carrier finally came back this last Tuesday so I am down to just my route sort of. One other carrier had eye surgery and the surgeon accidentally cut two blood vessels in his eye. He does not know when or if he will be able to come back to work. Kind of hard to be a carrier when you cannot read numbers or letters. Another carrier's Mother died while he was on the route the other day. He will be out for a couple of days too. This is not so bad though because their subs only need a little help and that does not take long. Maybe I can find my house?

Will is frustrated right now because he is eager to get out on his lawn mower, but it has rained for the last week. I just love watching him mow. He makes the prettiest patterns on the lawn ( on purpose!) when he is out there. Somehow he can see the big picture and knows what it will look like when he is done. I am lucky if I don't miss a huge spot in the middle of the row.

Things are still busy with my parent's and their farm. They are trying to get finished by this next Wednesday so that they can have it done before they leave to go and see my nephew Sean graduate. How can he be this old? He was only two when we were married. Boy does time sure fly.
The lilacs have started blooming, so I really am enjoying driving around my route with the window open. The trees are all budding out and it is so beautiful around here right now. My garden continues to sprout flowers that I never even knew that I planted and I love it.

The dog is great. He's a joy. Of course he thinks that he is a lap dog and that is difficult sometimes. He follows me around all afternoon while we do housework. Boy is he helpful. I put something down and he brings it back to me, thinking that I dropped it. He also thinks that he needs to bring you something when he comes to you, so you get whatever he can find on the way. The other day he brought me a can of corn while I was putting away the groceries. Great, except he dropped it on my foot. He has also discovered toilet paper......use your imagination there.......a 60 lb. black dog and a whole role of toilet paper.

Well, time to get Jessa on the bus. After that I take Jacob to school. Then I go to get doughnuts for work and then do my route. Home by 11:30 usually, unless I have to do some of the never ending errands that come with motherhood.

The funniest thing happened the other day. I was contacting the genealogical society in Canada for information on my Father's side and the woman I met was from my Mother's side and had all of the answers that I needed to do my Mom's Father's family. What a great thing to happen. We are all excited. Then to find out that some of them were actually buried in a cemetery in our county and that she had been looking for them and never found them until they looked on a map to see where we lived. Pretty great stuff. Another funny thing is that it looks like it is possible that my relatives married the relatives of Cathy our friend that danced in our wedding. Strange things happen in genealogy.
Trying to get all possible tasks done before Jacob's surgery on the 26th. I want to be able to devote my time to Jake and not have everything else fall down around my ears. Also working on getting the Oakes Family Gathering together in June. It is always a great time at the Gathering and I love to see all the relatives that come.
Hope you all have a great and wonderful day.
God Bless.

No comments: