Thursday, August 24, 2006

Storms

It is now 2 am and I am up with the dog after a very, very long day and evening. Sam our black lab has a yeast infection in his ears. I understand that this is common in his type of dog. The vet gave me some stuff to clean his ears out with. Good luck. I cannot seem to convince him that I am not trying to kill him. What fun!
We had severe storms here today. Not too, too terrible at our house. Hail larger than a golf ball and lots of rain. Rain was standing throughout the yard at least 2 inches deep with the first storm. After the second storm the hail was standing about 2 inches deep in much of the yard. My flowers and veggies are toast.
My sister and her hubby had it much worse. They have multiple trees down and lost lots of windows to hail. As they were running for the basement glass was showering on them from above. Their yard looks like a war zone. Their neighbors lost their brand new garage. The church opposite them lost it's antique stained glass windows and trees. There were trees down all over. Thankfully they were fine and so was their cute dog Goosy Lucy, not to mention the horses including 1 month old Savanah. We will go over some more the next couple of days and help with clean up. I would imagine that there will be others that need help too.
As far as I know Warrens, Jellystone Park and parts of Tomah are still without power. I have no idea as to whether we will have power at the post office tomorrow. Will's plant has it's own power source so should not be affected. Fort McCoy one of the local military posts must be fine, because I can see the flashes from their nightly war games. If those flashes are that bright over here miles and miles away, they must be blinding over there.
Well, time to chase after the dog again.
Have a great day!

No comments: