Thursday, August 17, 2006

What a great time camping!

The kids and I are back from our yearly camping excursion. We had a wonderful, wonderful time.
The weather was perfect and so we just hung out and enjoyed it. I sure do like camping in cabins better than tents. Next year we are going to camp in an old house that they have there. It is huge with a large screened porch and three bedrooms. We will share it with Mom and Dad. I truthfully was not ready to come home this year.
We had this great church service on Sunday. Not a typical church service for most, but very fitting for my family. We went to the top of this tower that they have there and sang hymns to God. It was great fun and very precious. I love old hymns. They speak to my heart. We got to sing one of my favorite hymns in the alternate tune...."Redeemed How I Love to Proclaim It". One of my favorite verses from hymns and actually the theme of my singing life is in one of the verses to that song. The words say "I sing because I cannot keep silent, His love is the theme of my song". What a way of expressing my exact feelings. It was great singing.
The kids started practicing for Crantastic Singers and are having a blast. They both have solos and are excited. I think Jessa may have worn out her practice CD already. They will practice until Cranfest and then perform Friday for the huge crowd about 4 times and then Saturday night on the stage. It teaches them so many things and they love it.
The Dads & Daughters (the group that I sing in) have been asked to be one of the featured groups for Cranfest this year. We will sing Friday and then twice on Saturday. It should be fun and quite different for us. We usually do not "put on a show", but this will be a different type of crowd and so we will be able to take our singing to a new level. There will be fun songs as well as gospel. I imagine that it will be hilarious with my Father and Uncle Lloyd doing their best to crack the crowd up. My Uncle actually plays the "jug" during one of our songs and they plan on playing up the "old country guys" routine. Kind of like Grandpa Jones and Junior Samples on Hee Haw. It should be great fun. The only problem is that I start laughing just like the crowd and then I can't sing.
Rain here today for the morning. We are ready for some more. The sweet corn and tomatoes are in and I am enjoying them. I think that my favorite meal is creamed cucumbers, sweet corn and fresh tomatoes. I think I could eat that every day of the year. I know I do all the month of August until the season ends.
Well time to do dishes.
God bless.

No comments: