Tuesday, August 29, 2006

What a WILD ride!

The storms really did us in around here. The damage to trees houses and crops is terrible. I guess they think that we might have been hit with many small tornados in the area. You can see the circular pattern in many of the corn fields. The worst hit was the cranberry industry. Wisconsin produces over 50% of the world's cranberry harvest. Warrens and the surrounding area are the largest producers in Wisconsin. I'm sorry to say that most of the local growers lost almost 100% of their crop. Some are harvesting the unripened berries now for the "white juice" that you see in stores, but that pays MUCH less per barrel of berries. It is sad to see all of the beds of berries that are just now mush that will just rot. Stock up on juice now, because this will hit the industry hard.
The kids are getting ready for school. I don't know who is more ready, them or me! We started back on our routine yesterday. Early bedtime and early to rise. We have a plan of attack for this year and all hope that it works out better. My kids love routine and scheduling. Give Jessalyn a list of things to do and she will see it done. Just as long as she gets to check it off the list. Jacob just needs it written down so that he can remember it. He thinks in so many different directions at the same time.
I don't know how much I will be posting, but I think that Will is going to make sure it gets done. Cranfest is 23 days away. That means that I have 19 days to get my stuff in order. We are really trying to get lots done before it is last minute set up. So much is hurry up and wait. When you take over a whole town, you cannot just put everything up 3 weeks before and wait. Set up time begins on Tuesday and we have everything done by Thursday afternoon. Now if we can only get the float built.
You should come and join us for Cranfest some time. Next year 2007 is our salute to the military. We have tons of special stuff going on.
God bless.

No comments: