Sunday, August 06, 2006

Time to pack for camping

My side of the family (at least the female part) has an anual camping trip we take to the Green Lakes Conference Center and Campgrounds. It starts this next Friday. The kids and I look forward to it each and every year. We have gone since Jessalyn was a baby. This will make our 9th year. Hard to believe. When we started out we were in a tent. Will teased me because I took everything from home with me. Of course no matter what anyone needed, I was prepared. We did the tent thing for 4 or 5 years. Then we upgraded to a "pop-up camper". That was even better and required less stuff. Last year we really upgraded to the Deluxe model-we rented a cabin. Unless I can help it, I will never go back to the others again. Having a cabin is wonderful! They supply linens, towels, dishes and kitchen. I love it! We even have our own bathroom. What a blessing. I think Will would even like this kind of camping.
Every once in a while, Will and I take the kids to our local campground and rough it for some great family time. It is only a couple of miles away and pretty cheap. I don't have to pack a lot of stuff and we have some fun with the kids. I don't know that Will likes it all that much (his idea of camping is Howard Johnsons), but I think he puts up with it for my sake. Although, as he gets older he seems to enjoy it more. Lately we have talked about taking a trip with no agenda. Just driving and seeing what is out there. That would be fun. Maybe next year or this winter. We really do enjoy just driving down the road and being with each other.
Will has a new chain saw and today he goes to Seth's house to learn how to use it from a "master". I know he is excited to have a new "power toy" OOPS! I mean "power tool". I know eventually I will be called upon to be "manual labor" but thats ok since I am the one that enjoys our fireplace so much. The weather is supposed to be in the low 80's this week and I have great plans. I have no idea what or how much I will be able to accomplish, but I can dream, can't I?
The kids go back to school in a month and then it's Cranfest, so life is pretty full. My birthday is this month, but I am hoping that we will be busy enough that we can just ignore it and go right on by.
Oh well, time to do dishes..
Have a great day!

No comments: