Monday, September 18, 2006

Cranfest Central Here.....

Just think in a week it will all be over and except for the paths of worn grass where the people have all walked you will not be able to tell that we had a festival. We are very careful to get it picked up just as soon as possible. Lots of work, but we really do love it for some reason or another.
Right now we are getting ready to start helping people set up their booths. We went around and marked where all 1200 booths go with our flourescent orange paint. That way they usually can find their own booth with the map that we supply right? Wrong. You wouldn't believe all of the lost people. Then we got this idea to make little white flags and put them on the corners of about every third booth or so. That way people that come in the dark to set up (they do that) can find their booth. Well, we put a bunch of them out and yesterday a vendor got an idea that they were vacant booths and brought them all back to office to claim those empty booths. Now today we get to put them back out. Sometimes you just have to laugh!
My husband is a wonderful man! He knew that I could not do both Cranfest and housework, so he did the housework. I have been spending a couple hours each morning doing laundry ect. Then I run in to work, run back to the Cranfest office and start in.
Normally I would not have quite this much to do, but we have had a couple of deaths in the immediate families of some board members and some injuries. We have all been working together to pick up the slack. Everyone does just a little more and those of us that have the energy do a LOT more. I'll sleep next week.
Well, one kid off to school and one kid almost ready. Then I run the the radio station for my Countdown to Cranfest giveaway, then to work. Today is my last day at work. I took the rest of the week off. Should help me finish everything.
Have a great day!

No comments: