Sunday, September 10, 2006

The things I hear in my head...

Sunday September 10th, 4:23am
I have one of those alarm clocks that beeps. It beeps in just the right frequency and tone that you hear beeping for a very very long time after you have shut the @#%&! thing off. I for the most part rarely need it. This morning for example I woke up at 3:45am and started getting ready for work. The alarm clock went off at 4:20am. This shouldn't be such a big deal right? Except, uh, ...well, ya see... poor Deanna was still sleeping; the key word is "was". I thought I had shut the fool thing off. This is the one morning in the week she has that she can sleep in if she wants, or rather; it "was". (sigh)

I promised to write in this blog a little more often now that we are in "CranFest Season" (why do I now hear Daffy Duck yelling "Rabbit Season!"?) to take some of the load off Deanna. As I have to leave for work in just a few minutes, this shouldn't take too long. The closer we get to Cranfest the less I get to see of her. She does so much for those people and most of them refuse to recognize it or are threatened by it. Drives me nuts to see that. I guess it must be rare to see people that help and who have no hidden agendas.
Both Deanna and I see this as a way to help our community and to help it survive as community that considers "family" important. All the money that is generated through the CranFest organization goes right back into the local community. We really are able to do some pretty great things for the Village of Warrens and it's surrounding area. Dea and I both feel blessed to be able to be a part of that. I have a few jobs that I have agreed to handle for the festival but my primary contribution is: Deanna. For the two or three weeks prior to Cranfest and the Week after I am pretty much a "CranFest Widower". Again, I don't mind too much because it's such a great cause and Deanna Loves doing all that she does. Still, it gives me a reason to whine and I would hate to waste a good reason to whine...

Now the "alarm clock in my head" is telling me it's time to go to work. I will try to post some more details of all that is going on around here in my next post but until then:
May ALL the blessings of the Lord be on you!
Will.


1 comment:

Joel Hayes said...

ha! You and I are the same when it comes to getting up in the Morning. I usually get up before the alarm goes off myself. Kim, well she continues to snore right on through, nothing can wake her when she is sound asleep. I wish I was that way.