Wednesday, September 20, 2006

One day and counting

Just got home from set up. It is now 8:30 and I am trying to quick check emails, do paperwork and laundry for the weekend. Things are going pretty well right now with tomorrow being the hard day. Everything has been "hurry up and then wait". We cannot set so much of it up until tomorrow. We think that we have our work crews in and ready. I guess we will see how ready we are.
Many people are already in town and the rest of the vendors for the 1200 plus booths will arrive tomorrow. That means traffic jams etc. I hope that we can work it out.
I am really hoping that everyone that comes has a wonderful time.
I need to go over final check lists and then get to bed. I think I will play it safe and have Will set the alarm clock tonight. I think that I might oversleep in the morning if we don't.
Funny thing happened today....I was eating lunch in the restaurant looking out the windows at the vendors that were setting up. They could not see me, but I could certainly see them. One of the men looked all around to make sure no one was looking and then scratched out his lines that we had painted for his booth on the ground and then moved his booth over onto another person's space. He had no idea that I could see him, but when I was done I walked over towards his booth. He saw my radio and Cranfest gear and without me saying anything start moving his booth back. Funny what you can accomplish without saying a word. I had to laugh as I walked away. Nothing like getting caught in the act.
Well, God bless.
Hope you have a great day tomorrow!

1 comment:

Joel Hayes said...

I hope you all take some time to enjoy cranfest. You know what they say. All work and know play makes ....uh...well you no what I mean.